Audio & Video Software forum

General discussion

need to improve my blog

by lillo80 / September 2, 2012 4:58 AM PDT

Hi, I hope this is the right forum to ask some advice on my blog. I basically created my blog few days ago and although I keep reading recommendations and opinions on the net I need some opinions on my blog and perhaps some advice on how improve it.

Thanks for your help!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: need to improve my blog
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: need to improve my blog
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) What do you think is wrong with it?
by Kees_B Forum moderator / September 2, 2012 5:16 AM PDT
Collapse -
by lillo80 / September 2, 2012 6:06 AM PDT

Hi Kees,

thanks for answering my question

Being a newbie I don't really know what it is wrong with my blog, perhaps it is all right but I doubt it. I basically wanted to work on its design right now, I haven't told anyone about it yet and I want it to look nice before my friends and family will have a look at it. Do you think I should change something? I tried to upload a pic but I couldn't see it properly because it was hidden behind the homepage.

Collapse -
I think it's fine.
by Kees_B Forum moderator / September 2, 2012 6:09 AM PDT
In reply to: reply

Just a nice blog.

Collapse -
There are some technical failures in your code.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 2, 2012 5:42 AM PDT
Collapse -
Thanks Bob
by lillo80 / September 2, 2012 6:35 AM PDT

Hi Bob,

I'd have followed your advices If I'd known what they mean but from the link you posted I cannot figured out where the problems are because too complex for a newbie like me.

thanks anyway! Happy

Collapse -
Give it time.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 4, 2012 4:14 AM PDT
In reply to: Thanks Bob

I find folk need time to learn what web servers are, browsers that can cough on those errors and a lot of folk are just in need of tools and really don't care about those erorrs as long as the page shows up.

Why I look at such is I'm a programmer and more. So such things matter to me. If I find a web site that talks about coding and I find those page errors I'm not sure if they practice what they preach.

Collapse -
Some more tips.....
by Monikacdn / September 7, 2012 10:40 PM PDT

Hi lillo80,

I want to give first advice, put your question in web development category then you can get many answers. So try to use proper category.

Now we come on your blog. Your blog is nice but do some amendments, which are given below:

1) Delete first post which is titled with "Hello World".
2) Improve layout of your blog by using attractive eye catching template.
3) You are getting problem in uploading images then first save your images in media library in your blog and then browse images form there.
4) Use keywords in your blog which your readers use during searching.

Hope these few tips helpful for you.

Best of Dear Happy

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?