Computer Help forum

General discussion

need suggestions about exchange my laptop or not

by orchidhuang / January 23, 2006 6:34 AM PST

Recently, I bought IBM laptop Z60t. But after I bought it, I just knew there is another style, T42 in the same price with this z60t I purchased. Their weight and accessories are similar as well. Their different components are:

Z6ot: processor 740 1.73 GHz, 512 MB, 40GB in HD, size 1.0 height, 9.0 depth and 13.1 width.

T42: processor is 745 1.80GHz, 512 MB and 60 GB in HD,1.2 height, 10.6 depth, and 13.0 width.

I am thinking if I should exchange my z60t to T42. IBM allows me to do exchange with 30 days. I got my laptop on 17th. I know z60t is the newest product. But is it really more valuable than T42 ? Should I exchange or not? Does any use z60t or t42? Please provide suggestions to me. Thank you so much.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: need suggestions about exchange my laptop or not
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: need suggestions about exchange my laptop or not
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Orchid, Not Much Difference Except HD Space...
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / January 23, 2006 7:42 AM PST

The processor speed will not be noticeable so if you need to travel very far to return the product, I'm not sure it's worth making the trip..

If your current machine is running fine, with no hiccups or hardware issues, keep it..Sometimes the grass isn't greener on the other side.

Hope this helps.

Grif

Collapse -
Thanks for the suggestion.
by orchidhuang / January 24, 2006 2:22 PM PST

Thanks for the suggestion.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!