Photo Editing & Graphic Design forum

General discussion

NEED STEP BY STEP TUTS ON USING EasyBatchPhoto

by Sue BLOCK / October 1, 2009 1:28 PM PDT

Just purchased EasyBatchPhoto.

Unfortunately it is not as simple as it looks. At this stage I just want to resize the photo. I will look at the watermarking later.

First thing I did was to drop my photo in the box that says " drop files here". However, no Photo appeared.

I am wishing to have pixel size 1024 width and 768 height. It seems to me that it will allow either width or height, but not both. I need step by step input for required outcome of a resized photo for me to email.

Be grateful for your assistance .

Sue

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: NEED STEP BY STEP TUTS ON USING EasyBatchPhoto
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: NEED STEP BY STEP TUTS ON USING EasyBatchPhoto
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I see you have also posted in the Yellow Mug forums
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / October 1, 2009 8:09 PM PDT

here;
http://www.yellowmug.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=111
but received no replies just yet.

There doesn't seem to be much activity in those forums, and that makes me wonder about this software, unless it is 'very' new, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

This is Mac software so I must be careful what I say as I have no knowledge of Macs and anything I can say would be generic. There are more Mac forums here at CNET at the link below. May be there will be others here with knowledge of this software if you make anther post;
http://forums.cnet.com/mac-forums/?tag=f06-fd;StickyWin_1254477060674

However, generally...

When you resize an image you would normally want to retain its Aspect Ration. For instance, if the original image size is 2000 x 10000, then resizing it to 1000 x 750 would distort the image. It is possible that this software is preventing you from resizing outside of the aspect ration parameters. Most image resizing software allows the option to "Retain aspect ratio", and if that is selected, then changing either the width size would automatically amend the height, (and vice versa of course, changing the height would automatically set the width). If the software allows this setting to be de-selected, then you can make custom changes, but then that new image would probably not look right.

From the limited screenshots I have seen of this software, I cannot see such a setting, although it does have a "Scaling" section.

I would investigate that more if I were you. Also, if this were me, I would work on a copy of the photo/image I wanted to change, just in case I saved the changes, over-wrote the original, and then didn't like what I had done.

I can't comment on the "no photo appeared" problem. I don't know if that is a fault in the software, or a problem with the image file type you are using, or what. Yellow Mug does have a support page at http://www.yellowmug.com/support/ so perhaps they could give you more information.

There's a (short) tutorial here;
http://www.applematters.com/article/resize-images-with-easy-batch-photo/

Good luck. If nothing I have said helps, perhaps others can, either here or in the Mac forums.

Mark

Collapse -
EasyBatchPhotos
by Sue BLOCK / October 1, 2009 10:34 PM PDT

Thanks Mark for your response

I have emailed to support/yellowmug. Hopefully I will receive a helpful response

Sue

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?