Spyware, Viruses, & Security forum

General discussion

need some help

this message keeps popping up on husbands computer, The instruction at 0X00000000 the memory could not be written

He has winXP home edition and IE8
Thanks

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: need some help
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: need some help
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I'd like to suggest to try using..

In reply to: need some help

Collapse -
Thanks

In reply to: I'd like to suggest to try using..

I am willing to try anything at this point! LOL I have Zone Alarm,Avast Malawarebytes, Spybot & adaware!!! He always has problems and of course it is NOT his fault Wink

Collapse -
Will not hurt to try :)

In reply to: Thanks

Not his fault for sure if this fixes it Grin
If not, we got to blame IE Wink

Collapse -
sad news

In reply to: Will not hurt to try :)

it is still popping up Sad Now what to do? I got rid of a lot of malaware, spyware and also some trojans after all of that this thing started, I am at a complete loss. Also had to uninstall IE8 and reinstall it. Part of the menu board was black with strange icons and after I ran the fixit program you suggested the menu bar did go back to normal, so some help there. Thanks:) Ready to pitch the whole shebang out the back door, LOL

Collapse -
We need to troubleshoot then

In reply to: sad news

Sorry it's still popping-up.

Can you try to run a scan using Malaware (it's only a scanner with no removal engine)
http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/malaware/
Please post back if there's any thing it finds that other tools did not.

To start troubleshooting IE8, try opening IE8 in no-adds mode. It's in the Accessories>System Tools>IE8 no add-ons mode. Please tell us if the dialogue or error on memory continue to appear and if the menu bar is still missing.

Collapse -
will do

In reply to: We need to troubleshoot then

I put no add ons in his IE8 So we will try this and report back, after he quits playing his games!!! LOL I do a lot of work on his PC after he goes to bed.

Collapse -
Hope he sleeps well and sound then :D

In reply to: will do

So you can attend on this soon Wink

Take your time Happy

Collapse -
He will sleep

In reply to: Hope he sleeps well and sound then :D

well as long as I don't get irritated and start banging on his pc and swearing! LOL

Collapse -
(NT) ROFL. Be nice to the PC and husband :D

In reply to: He will sleep

Collapse -
this is what it found

In reply to: ROFL. Be nice to the PC and husband :D

I have not seen this one before. Trymedia HKEY local machine\software\Trymedia Systems
and \Active MARK software
it found these two only

Collapse -
It's known as adware

In reply to: this is what it found

http://www.emsisoft.com/en/malware/?Adware.Trymedia.a

Web of Trust flags it http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/www.trymedia.com
SiteAdvisor found no problem with the said company but look at the comment: http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/trymedia.com

"slow computer (usually)
- big CPU strain - look in Task Manager and if you see that the value is almost always between 40% and 100% your computer is surely infected with adware - or, if you have got Windows 7, you can use the widget that monitors CPU strain
- adds that occur when you doubleclick on shortcut to your browser, usually a few seconds before you see your home page (can destroy a theme in Firefox if you have got Personas)
- presence of folder called TryMedia in Program Files

More info:http://www.pctools.com/mrc/infections/id/Adware.Trymedia/"

I suggest removing Trymedia and Active Mark. Active Mark is also from Trymedia.

See if the memory error when opening IE8 will be gone if those are removed.

BTW, have you tried to run IE8 with no add-ons mode? Did it show the menu bar and did the memory error appeared?
Collapse -
will do all of the above

In reply to: It's known as adware

husband said it seems to pop up when he is using Yahoo!!! It just found a trojan which is Trojan.Win32.Fake Av!IK

I didn't put on any add ons in his IE8
All of the other programs I have used only found 4 problems, LOL

Collapse -
I have it doing a full scan now

In reply to: this is what it found

will report when it's finished, so far it has found 11 items:(

Collapse -
If A-squared's Malware detected trojans...

In reply to: I have it doing a full scan now

Collapse -
Thank you so much Donna:)

I was going to pay the 40 bucks as this is the first of all the scans that has found so much. But the freebie is very welcome.
You are appreciated:)

Collapse -
You're welcome!

This is in response to your post: http://forums.cnet.com/5208-6132_102-0.html?messageID=3261162#3261162
Blame the forum software Grin

Anyway, glad they continue to provide free scanner and remover. It's good to scan using MBAM, SUPERAntiSpyware and A-squared Free because they have different detections and frequency of updates. Just quarantine first just in case any of them found a False detection. It happens often especially with A2.

Collapse -
In reply

In reply to: need some help

http://forums.cnet.com/5208-6132_102-0.html?messageID=3261163&tag=forums06;posts#3261163

Don't ya just hate the limitations on post replies?? LOL
I didn't ask earlier I just read until I found some of the same problems. You guy's have enough to do. But this one had me beat. I would love to get ahold of the people that put out this garbage! I don't understand what they get out of destroying others property.
All of you in this forum have been a great help over the years! Thanks all!
Collapse -
We're happy to help...

In reply to: In reply

And we'll continue to help even if the post reply is limited to some numbers only Wink

Hope things are OK now. If not, we can always continue LOL

Collapse -
Did not know you don't have Service Pack for your XP

In reply to: Donna, I found this

Give it a try. Good work!

Collapse -
I found

In reply to: Did not know you don't have Service Pack for your XP

all the updates and hotfixes for service pack 3, A lot of work and still not done, I was at it until 2 AM!!! Since the problems are on his computer I am really not sure how many updates he has missed even though I sat it for automatic updates. I never get on his pc uless something goes wrong, LOL Wii keep you informed of how it's going and IF I ever find the fix I will post it.

Collapse -
Is all updates installed already?

In reply to: I found

I hope so. You deserve a rest. And yes, let us know if it fixes the issue Happy

Collapse -
I have been

In reply to: Is all updates installed already?

so sick the last two days I haven't done anything Sad I just came in to check if anyone had solved the problem for me Wink Am I dreaming??? LOL

Collapse -
You can dream but you need to..

In reply to: I have been

update us the exact error message Grin
There's many (as in many) stop error and you will definitely find a lot of articles about stop error. Tell us the exact one you are seeing Happy
Not only the single error code 0x000000... but the exact ones Happy

Collapse -
that is all

In reply to: You can dream but you need to..

that comes up, it say's 0x00000000 the memory could not be written, I have Microsoft on it now and they took a scan of the PC, I will post what the send when I get it. They said 24 hours and they will send what they have. Thanks for all your help.

Collapse -
Can I Add

In reply to: that is all

I'm going to anyway! Silly

I think you deserve TWO awards. And they're both "Hangin' In There" awards.

One is for "Hangin' in There" and following through with your problem.

AND....

One is for "Hangin' in There" and keeping the hubby! Devil (I would have "dumped him" after the first problem. Shocked )

I truly hope you get the issue resolved..
Carol

Collapse -
LOL

In reply to: Can I Add

He is a good man, I wouldn't throw out 46 years for PC problems, I will just make his life a living hell!!! Wink He just wants his PC for games and the internet news!! I have to do all the repairs and he said if I die first and he has a problem he will take over my PC and when that goes he will throw them out!!! RIGHT!!! Devil

Collapse -
OK

In reply to: that is all

Hope they get this fixed so you can rest Grin

I agree with Carol. Two awards for you. So patient wife Grin

Collapse -
I may do something

In reply to: OK

real evil if the fix from Microsoft doesn't work! I guarantee he will not like it Devil

Collapse -
Oh! no :D

In reply to: I may do something

but here's wishing.. things will be fixed so you don't have to do something he won't like Laugh

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.