Question

Need Some Advice For My First Smartphone...

I think the reason why something always seemed to get in the way of the smartphone I just had to have, was because the technology just changes too fast. I am in a perfect position for the iPhone 5, still with a carrier but using the original phone and not in a contract, wanted an easy smartphone to use so I would not get in over my head, and get the smartphone at the beginning of its life not at the end. However, how do I know how to get the iPhone 5? I remember people sleeping out at the local Apple Store for previous iPhones. Do I wait for the day they go on sale and just see what others are doing? I do not want to miss this opportunity and with no smartphone experience yet, I need all the help I can get so I am there to at least purchase the next iPhone when it is available. thanks!

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Need Some Advice For My First Smartphone...
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Need Some Advice For My First Smartphone...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Do yourself a favor....

When the next iPhone is announced you can pre=order the phone either directly from Apple or you cellular carrier. It should be available on the official release date and you shouldn't have to wait in a huge line to get yours. There are no additional costs to do this either.

- Collapse -
Thanks, but...

How does one find out the "official release date? It is the details about getting a new iPhone when they come out that I have not experienced.

- Collapse -
I can only guess you are new to this.

The answer is the same as any prior iPhone. It's one of those closely guarded secrets. I guess you could buy a few million shares of APPL then get on the board to get the inside scoop.
Bob

- Collapse -
Why Does It Say It Is answered?

So the "M" can make the post "Answered?" I do not consider my initial post (question) answered.

- Collapse -
Sadly it's a limitation of the forum.

No way to unmark it.

However no one is happy to learn that there is no release date ahead of when Apple announces it. Only those that are very new to this will ask over and over. Sometimes the member gets upset but you only need to look at the past to learn how this plays out.

And then we have the folk that got the iPhone 4 just as it came out then began to ask how long till it's updated. Some are troubled if the product is updated too quickly.
Bob

- Collapse -
I Think It Is Marked By The Mod...

I have been on here a lot and have learned that some "M" mark the posts as answered. Should it not be the person who makes the initial Post who decides if it is answered or not?

I know there is no release date. I would suggest if you are going to put words into my Post, it would be more of a help if you read the initial post.

A release date is usually given at an Apple Conference. Does anybody know the date of the next Apple Conference?

- Collapse -
I don't see that here.

Any reply and it will have answers. But YOU get to pick the "best answer."

I don't see any control given to mods about this and us mods have discussed the best answer issue before. It's an oversight we hope to get a fix for someday.
Bob

- Collapse -
PS. There is possibility you are accessing this from
- Collapse -
Wasn't me...

I did not mark your post "answered". Only my post shows "Answer" because I responded.

- Collapse -
There Was An Error

It would not be the first time on CNET that the "M" took credit for the answer they gave and marked the post "Answered."When I went to reply to this one, I got "the Post has been answered." I still posted a Reply and it went right where it was supposed to so I am not sure what that meant. My other post bout HDTVs is working fine.

In this post I am NOT looking for the date the iPhone 5 is going to be out. I can get 20 podcasts on iTunes that will give me that!! Yea, don't speculate Apple says or they kick you off the forum but they can have so many podcasts that speculate on a date and interestingly the date is the same on the 8 I was able to view.

I am wanting to know when the next Apple Keynote or Conference (not sure what they are calling the next presentation by the CEO) is going to be. I would like to watch one live, if it is live. I have no idea of they keep the dates of their Keynote Presentations a secret too.

- Collapse -
I've alerted Lee Koo to this.

Remember that no moderator can do what you noted. As you need a little more convincing, let's let Lee address this. May be a few days.
Bob

- Collapse -
As I understand.....

Apple is having an announcement on Sept 12 and the actual release date should be known then. We will all have to wait for a definitive date. In the past, once the official announcement has been made, consumers have been able to pre-order the next iPhone. It would be either delivered to your home or at the store where you ordered it from on the release date.

- Collapse -
Answer
Best Smart phone

Thanks for good thread.I think every body want to go through new technology devices such as I phone, Android Phone and Smart Phone Also.According to me Device should be purchased on need. Now a days some body purchase latest device to show your standard. actually he/she has no need that device.

- Collapse -
Answer
The next ipohne is coming

I wish you'll get what you want. There're many rumors about the next iphone. Do you believe them? If not, what are features you hope the next iphone has?

CNET Forums