General discussion

Need preamp for dual amplifiers.

Need preout for Crown amp and preout for Acurus amp. Running front & rear stereo speaker set up (old school) stuff. What do you need to do this?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Need preamp for dual amplifiers.
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Need preamp for dual amplifiers.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Here is an interesting site, take a look;
- Collapse -
Solid state equipment

I have front & rear speakers but my amps only have speaker connections for one set of speakers. I've seen some older solid state preamp components which supply front and rear pre out connections... I am assuming that you do not want to connect two sets of speakers to one amplifier? It does something to impedance load? Thanks for the link.

- Collapse -
Here is how I see it;

You have a stereo system and you have 4 speakers. You want to have sound in 4 corners of the room. I would connect 2 speakers in series and connect them to one side of the stereo system then connect the other 2 speaker in series and connect it to the other side of the system. The speaker impedance may not match...but it won't hurt your amplifier. Give it a try and see how it goes, good luck.

- Collapse -
Thanks

I'll check it out ....

- Collapse -
Thanks for the link

I am using a Crown CE1000 power amplifier solid state, driving very power hungry, very large Klipsch speakers....
The more power I give em' the better they sound... I was going to use a Acurus power amp for the rear Klipsch speakers, thus my thinking that I needed separate pre-amp outputs to send audio out to two separate power amps. Not necessarily surround sound, but more along the lines of front and rear stereo output at the same time.

CNET Forums

Forum Info