General discussion

Need powerful netbook

Hi there,
I understand that Acer are launching a whole raft of netbooks over the coming months.
I would normally wait until the summer to buy but am leaving to travel abroad at the end of April and need to buy one soon.

I had wanted to go with the Acer Aspire One 532G but can't find one in Europe or with the 2Gb RAM and 320 Gb HDD.

I need:
.10.1" screen
.Windows 7 (English, and upgradable)
.2Gb RAM
.320 Gb HDD (at least)
.Dual graphic card (NVidia with the seamless switching between them to allow for performance/ power)
.Bluetooth

Also I would like to buy a 500Gb, small (not SSD) HDD, USB powered. If you have any ideas, please.

Any ideas would be grately appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Need powerful netbook
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Need powerful netbook
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
It seems your ideal machine doesn't yet exist.

Either go for a laptop with bigger screen, more RAM and better graphics (although dual will be a problem).
Or for a netbook with less memory and smaller harddisk and basic graphics.

Your choice.

Kees

- Collapse -
Not yet.

Looks like you'll be waiting and waiting.

- Collapse -
None of those out there

But how about checking out a Lenovo IdeaPad with a 13inch screen? You can customize the processor, RAM, video cards, and HDD I believe, to get what you want, and you're only adding a couple of inches to the screen.

- Collapse -
Toshiba

I love my Toshiba, it does everything I need, including video and voip for my company softphone.

CNET Forums

Forum Info