Phones forum

General discussion

need phone that keeps track of minutes

by lovesponge2000 / September 14, 2004 4:45 PM PDT

okay i know most phones can log the amount of minutes used for each call.. but is there a phone out there that will do more? maybe let me choose how many minutes to use each day? or let me know if i am over on minutes?
Or maybe a wireless plan that will call me or let me know that i am close to using all my minutes?

any help would be good thanks!

I live in the Atlanta, Ga area

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: need phone that keeps track of minutes
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: need phone that keeps track of minutes
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: need phone that keeps track of minutes
by strykernyc / September 15, 2004 7:39 PM PDT

mmm actually alot of phone stil keep track of mins use which i thinkis very very very very stupid if u customer buy the phone to keep track of mins use instead of what the phone is made for which is to keep track of how many mins has the phone been use since u first got it. when the phone keeps track of mins it is not the same as the mins u have use in ur plan, ex: u make a 20sec phone call, the phone records 20secs but u get charge 1mins use since thats how the mins work with every cell phone company is not by seconds but by mins so every 60seconds or less is a min. well i have sprintpcs and my setup is i get a text msg when i reach a certain amount of mins i set to program, also sprintpcs msg me letting me know when my mins are about to b up. i love this features and because of this things my bill is always normal not like some ppl with $200 cell phone bill etc...

Collapse -
Re: need phone that keeps track of minutes
by lovesponge2000 / September 17, 2004 6:55 AM PDT

thanks! thats just what I was looking for, I wonder if any other cell phone companies offer the same... i will check with sprint

Collapse -
try this
by krisgrant / October 4, 2004 8:54 PM PDT

Hey why don?t you checkout have some very nice offers for prepaid phones. They don?t have any contracts. No monthly minimums and you pay as you use. You?ll have answers to all your needs

Collapse -
nice site
by catherinepaul / October 17, 2004 4:33 PM PDT
In reply to: try this

Really Kris, site is worth clicking. I was really unaware of so many options available in the market related to cell phones. I never thought prepaid connections could be so cheap. Thanks for bringing this site to my knowledge.

Collapse -
Keeping track of cell phone minutes..
by Ethereal73 / December 30, 2004 11:38 AM PST

check out They are a service that does this for you..

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?