1. The sound quality of laptops isn't so very good. Much better to connect it to external speakers, your HiFi or your sound system. Even good headphones give better sound. So better compare in the shop.
2. Yep. The definition must not be lower than the resolution of the TV programs you stream. But not higher either or you will get conversion. But you didn't tell those. Please realise that for streaming HDTV in full quality you need a FAST broadband connection.
3. You don't need much memory to stream TV. I'd go cheap here: 2 GB
4. The largest screens on laptops are 17". That's only acceptable if you sit right in front of it. If you want to view a movie on a large screen, connect it to your 40" or 50" TV. Of course, the quality of the screen is an important factor here. Try before you buy.
5. The CPU and graphics should be fast enough to process the HDTV signal. That excludes a netbook. Better check in the shop if all is fine.
I'm looking to purchase a new laptop computer and I've done my research but I'm still not sure about what my final pick should be. Here is what I'm looking for:
1)Amazing sound quality
I generally use my computer for the internet only as I stream a lot of television on it - hence the need for great sound, big screen, and awesome clarity.
So tell me, if money were not an issue for you and you wanted the best of the best, what would you choose? Is a gaming computer like the Samsung Gamer my best option or should I go with something more streamlined like the HP Envy? I'm not terribly interested in a Mac because I hear the sound quality isn't that great but I suppose I can be convinced otherwise.
Any thoughts are greatly appreciated - thanks so much in advance for your help!