General discussion

Need HELP Yesterday regarding security

I have webroot, an anti vir program, on my computer xp. I received an email from cnet download about installing advanced system care, security 360 and I O Bit Security 360. What do these programs do? If they are on my computer, do I need the webroot? Please respond so I will know what to do. I think I remember that you should never have 2 anti somethings on your computer at the same time.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Need HELP Yesterday regarding security
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Need HELP Yesterday regarding security
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Security prrograms

advanced system care- A cleaning program, with defrag and registry cleaner. Also remove malware (Real time

CCleaner is a good program for removing temp files. Also Auslogics Disk defrag is a good third party defrag tool. Your PC does have the disk-clean up and defrag programs provided by Microsoft.

security 360 (I O Bit Security 360 is the same thing)- Malware remover and blocker. (Real time)

They are not needed. You all ready have Webroot installed. You are right. You can not have more than one real-time anti-virus/spy going at the same time.

- Collapse -
Security Cleaner Programs

Do I go to control panel, add and remove programs and delete ccleaner, security 360, io bit security 360, adv sys care and keep only webroot? Should I download any other security programs other than webroot to protect the computer? Thanks for your advice..

- Collapse -
Security programs

Only remove security 360, io bit security 360, and advanced system care.

Keep CCleaner. It is useful program to remove programs.

You can use a program call Spywareblaster. It is a type of passive protection as it only block known bad sites from loading. You will have to do a manual update of the programs files once a month.

Also Supperantispyware and Malwarebytes are both good on-demand security programs that look for stuff that webroot might have missed. However you will have to do a manual update for the free version of these programs. As they do not run in real time you can have them on your computer.

CNET Forums

Forum Info