Mac Hardware forum

General discussion

NEED HELP WITH IPOD 30GB

by andrenapster / August 21, 2007 4:19 AM PDT

Hello everyone ...

I'm in Egypt and I'm about to buy an ipod with a very good price

The problem is that I'll go to canada after a month and I think I will live the rest of my life there ...

So I want to ask about the power doch which come with the new ipod , Does it work with 220v and 110v ?? or when I buy the ipod from egypt (which will support 220v for sure) it will not support the 110v (in canada )

So is there anybody can help me with this ???

Thanx anyway ,,

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: NEED HELP WITH IPOD 30GB
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: NEED HELP WITH IPOD 30GB
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Voltage
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / August 21, 2007 4:43 AM PDT

The Apple USB Power Adapter is capable of using 110/120v and 220/240v

The 30Gb iPod does not come with a Dock. It does come with a dock adapter which is used to ensure the correct fit into the Apple iPod Universal Dock, which is purchased separately.

The Universal dock is supplied with power to charge your iPod via the Apple USB Power Adapter.

More details on the Apple site

P

Collapse -
by andrenapster / August 21, 2007 6:14 AM PDT
In reply to: Voltage

OK I know that but it must be a way of charging without the usb dock ,me question is about This way which come with the new ipod 30 (the reguler way) .. is it double voltage ( works with 110 and 220)
Or it depends on the place where you buy the ipod .. (in egypt 220 and in Canada 110) and so on ..

Collapse -
Voltage
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / August 21, 2007 10:12 AM PDT
In reply to: ..

There is NOT a USB dock that is included with the new iPod 30Gb.

It comes with a USB cable that you plug into your computer to charge the iPod.

Available as an added extra, is a power adapter (110/220) that has a USB port on it. You plug the iPod into the adapter using the USB cord that came with the iPod.

There is also available for an extra cost, a DOCK, which connects to the Power Adapter via the USB cable that came with the iPod. The iPod sits in the dock and it charged through the connector in the bottom of the iPod.

The ONLY way to charge the iPod, no matter where you purchased it, is either via the USB port on your computer or with a Power Adapter.

This is the power adapter Power Adapter

and this is the Dock

This straight from the Apple store.
What's in the box
? iPod
? Earphones
? USB 2.0 cable
? Dock adapter
? Case
? Quick Start guide
End Quote.

As you can see, the iPod does NOT come with a dock

P

Collapse -
Mmmm
by andrenapster / August 22, 2007 4:51 AM PDT
In reply to: Voltage

Well .. Ok ..

Just one other question ..
How long does it take to fully charge the ipod with this usb way ?

Collapse -
Sorry, I have no idea
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / August 22, 2007 11:15 AM PDT
In reply to: Mmmm

but it is the only way to charge one

P

Collapse -
i am not sure , but may be i can help
by yatarra / November 9, 2007 6:46 AM PST

Well, first of all, good luck with your trip.

If you want to sell it, i am looking forward to buy a used one.
SO, i am just waiting for a reply.

Thanks.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?