Computer Help forum

General discussion

Need Help Weired Computer Issue "Graphics/Monitors"

by spectrakid / March 25, 2009 11:47 AM PDT

Ok, I just got a new speaker system that was at Tuesday Mornings. I paid $25 for it and it includes a subwoofer what ever that is.

Ever since I plugged it in I had problems:
My screen started shaking when it was plugged into the same outlet and now it is plugged into a different outlet the screen is not shaking however the screen has got really dull and has turned red in the bottom corner. I now have my computer in a different monitor and I see blue where it should not be in the top corner.

If I restart the computer every thing is fine unless I plug it back in.

Is the speakers just bad or do I have too many things plugged in?

I dont want my home to burn down if I have too many plugins.

I have 3 outlets and 2 places for a cord per outlet. I am using 1 extension cord and I am using a plugin to plugin 6 cords to 1 outlet "2 places for a cord".

I have the following plugged in into the three main outlets:
1 TV
1 Light
2 Computers
2 Monitors
1 Printer
1 Stereo
1 Speakers
1 Fan

if I were to use no extensions or mutliplugs in one I would be able to plugin 6 things if all six were used. I have 10 things plugged in possibly 11 if I forgot something.

My home is from the 70's so I am not sure if that makes a difference in the way electrical was done.

I just dont want the house to burn down.

Thanks for the help!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Need Help Weired Computer Issue "Graphics/Monitors"
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Need Help Weired Computer Issue "Graphics/Monitors"
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
by spectrakid / March 25, 2009 12:24 PM PDT

Not sure how to delete my thread however I figured out the issue. Never having a subwoofer or even knowing what it is it was too close to my monitor and computer. Are there magnets in a subwoofer? Anyways I moved it further away and have no issues now.

Thanks

Collapse -
(NT) Good Job.Yep, Magnets From Speakers Can Cause Monitor Issues
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / March 26, 2009 4:09 AM PDT
In reply to: reply
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?