Office & Productivity Software forum

General discussion

Need help URGENT!!, Error when trying to install expression

by asasinkilla / May 27, 2007 2:36 AM PDT
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Need help URGENT!!, Error when trying to install expression
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Need help URGENT!!, Error when trying to install expression
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
You just droped 2 thousands bucks!!!
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 27, 2007 2:59 AM PDT
Collapse -
omg =S
by asasinkilla / May 27, 2007 3:08 AM PDT

So no help? =S

Collapse -
OMG
by asasinkilla / May 27, 2007 3:10 AM PDT
In reply to: omg =S

I dont need office 2007 enterprice anymore, i need expression, so i just want to uninstall it, and no i cant roolback, nor format the pc...

Collapse -
Microsoft has a special support line for Enterprise owners.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 27, 2007 3:22 AM PDT
In reply to: OMG

You get a special support line and upgraded support. I'd make that call since all this could be caused by a defective CD. They'll replace that if they think that's it.

Bob

Collapse -
Help!!

I dont know where is the cd, no support on microsoft, i only want to remove it!! =S... Dont tell me i must format =S... (Cant roll back the pc)

Collapse -
You lost a 2,500 buck CD?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 27, 2007 9:59 AM PDT
In reply to: Help!!

The good news is MS replaces it for about 35 bucks. Well worth every dime for such a pricey piece of software.

As to uninstalling, try the usual add/remove and the Microsoft Installer Cleanup Utility (see google.com)

Bob

Collapse -
In your first post ...
by Kees Bakker / May 28, 2007 7:16 AM PDT
In reply to: Help!!

(which happened to be dated this same morning) you wrote that you put in the cd. Now you write you don't know where it is. That seems a contradiction more or less.
And you write you've got no support from Microsoft for the enterprise edition, you can't roll back (i.e. system restore) and can't (or don't want) to format.

That's all a little bit mysterious.

The official way to uninstall any version of Office (prior to 2007, at least) is to run setup.exe from the CD and tell it you want to uninstall. I've never seen a reason to do otherwise.

So go and find the CD you seem to have at hand this morning (or ask Microsoft for a replacement) and go ahead.

Lees

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

We are giving away 'Black Panther' swag!

Four lucky readers will be taking home *Marvel*ous "Black Panther" prizes, including magazines autographed by the King of Wakanda himself! Giveaway ends Feb. 25, 2018.