Computer Help forum

Question

Need HELP, pc freezes and deadlocks and often times blue scr

by nc00l / November 6, 2014 7:45 PM PST

In title mentioned, plus often goes with blue screen of death, i delted the dump file with ccleaner so i cant upload it untill next bosd occurs but either im watching twitch or smth on internet my pc freeze and deadlocks only way is to restart it so he could work again pls help....

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Need HELP, pc freezes and deadlocks and often times blue scr
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Need HELP, pc freezes and deadlocks and often times blue scr
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Re: blue screen
by Kees_B Forum moderator / November 6, 2014 8:06 PM PST

The only thing that is interesting in the blue screen is the error code, something like 0x0000007B or so. Nobody (except possibly Microsoft) ever uses the dump file.

It's either a software issue or a hardware issue. A common sequence of investigating this, if the error code doesn't give a clue to direct the search:
1. memory test (memtest86.com)
2. Linux (boot from a linux disk and see if it happens then also)
3. clean install of Windows (if it's OK then it was software or settings issue; if it's still wrong it's hardware)

Kees

Collapse -
answer
by nc00l / November 6, 2014 8:15 PM PST
In reply to: Re: blue screen

iv done fresh install of win8.1 and 7 and all is the same, also done mem test and everything is fine... lots of ppl tell me its gpu, but i can play civ v on ultra for 3 hours and then i open twitch tv and pc freezes...

Collapse -
Re: twitch tv
by Kees_B Forum moderator / November 6, 2014 8:41 PM PST
In reply to: answer

So in your browser you go to switch.tv and it freezes at their homepage? With me it starts playing the video.

In that case, the first thing to do is to try another browser (Firefox and Chrome are both free). It's only a serious issue if the same happens in all 3 (including Internet Explorer).

Kees

Collapse -
answer
by nc00l / November 6, 2014 8:51 PM PST
In reply to: Re: twitch tv

its same in all 3... and when i play league of legends in champion select when i pick, if i enter the game it runs ok... its so strange

Collapse -
Re: memtest and reinstall done
by Kees_B Forum moderator / November 7, 2014 4:17 AM PST

So the next steps:
1. Tell the error code and what's more on the blue screen.
2. See wat dxdiag says (that's a program on your PC)
3. See if it happens also if you boot from a Linux disc (those are free!) and visit twitch.

Kees

Collapse -
Answer
That twitch as a clue
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 6, 2014 11:18 PM PST

Points me to the GPU. BUT WAIT, take it all in before you run away. There are issues with some cards and drivers with FLASH on Web Browsers so here's the phrase about the setting I'd change.

-> DISABLE FLASH HARDWARE ACCELERATION <-

Try that. There are tomes about this one and it's all about the drivers.
Bob

Collapse -
answer
by nc00l / November 7, 2014 12:50 AM PST
In reply to: That twitch as a clue
Collapse -
Never used a dump file to fix such an issue.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 7, 2014 4:25 AM PST

It's always come down to hardware and driver issues. There are some folk that want it to be nailed/revealed in a dump log. For that, get with Microsoft and the last report I heard it ran over 500 bucks. Which was more than the new video card they lead them to buy.

Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.