Samsung forum

General discussion

Need help ln46 850

by stiturbo4fx / July 30, 2009 4:00 AM PDT

Hello new to the boards looking for some quick help. I just bought this tv and am having trouble setting it up. It works fine on movies but when I play my ps3 on hdmi1 the settings change by themselves every 20-30 min. I put the setting to standard and change the brightness to what i want for the game. 20 minutes pass and the tv changes itself back to dynamic and drops all the settings back to where it they stand when the tv is reset? Is there a setting I have in a wrong position? thanks for any help ahead of time

mac

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Need help ln46 850
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Need help ln46 850
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Need help ln46 850
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / July 30, 2009 6:58 AM PDT
In reply to: Need help ln46 850

stiturbo4fx,

Welcome to the forum.

It sounds like you have the unit in shop mode. To fix this, you have to do one of these two things:

1. Hold down the menu button on the television (not the remote) for 10 seconds. The screen might flicker or display "Dymanic", and if that's the case, you're where you want to be. (If it says Shop Mode, then you've put it in shop mode). Shop Mode is toggled on and off this way.

2. Same as #1, but push the volume up button once, release, and then hold down the menu button for about 10 seconds.

Keep me posted!

--HDTech

Collapse -
tried
by stiturbo4fx / July 30, 2009 8:35 AM PDT
In reply to: Need help ln46 850

So I tried your solution and the way you have me do it I can either put it in "standard mode" or "store mode" when the screen flickers and displays either of those. There is no dynamic mode? There is a dynamic mode in the regular options but not with the screen flicker hold menu type of deal.

Collapse -
tried
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / July 30, 2009 1:03 PM PDT
In reply to: tried

stiturbo4fx,

When you see the screen flicker, you'll see one of two displays:

1. Shop Mode. If you see this, repeat the process. This notes that you have put your television in shop mode, and this will reset the settings to Dynamic every 30 minutes. It's a store demonstration mode.

2. Standard Mode. This means that Shop Mode is turned off. From there, you should be able to go into your picture settings, choose Dynamic (or whatever setting), and your settings should save after you change them.

Keep me posted!

--HDTech

Collapse -
Yeah
by stiturbo4fx / July 31, 2009 4:21 AM PDT
In reply to: tried

Thanks for the help man! Everything works flawlessly now and I'm 100% satisfied with the tv finally! Once again thanks for the help.

mac

Collapse -
Yeah
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / July 31, 2009 9:47 AM PDT
In reply to: Yeah

stiturbo4fx,

Let us know if we can help with anything else. Enjoy!

--HDTech

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.