Attention: The forums will be placed on read only mode this Saturday (Oct. 20, 2018)

During this outage (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT) the forums will be placed on read only mode. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

Office & Productivity Software forum

General discussion

Need help installing Office 2007

by rdatrader / December 15, 2007 11:34 PM PST

I am trying to upgrade from Office 2000 to Office 2007 on my main computer, but am having no luck with Outlook (which is the mail reason for the upgrade. I have installed and removed 2007 twice without much luck with Outlook.
Each time I install 2007 I loose all my e-mail files and contacts.

I know there is something about an Exchange Server but am not having much success there. I have downloaded about 100 megs of files from Microsoft but don't know what to do with them.

If someone has a solution for this that I can understand I would very much appreciate the help.

I am running a P4 with lots of HD capacity, 2Gig of RAM with XP Pro, connected through a router to a laptop with XP Pro and a slow backup computer with XP Pro. The problem is, I think, that 2007 does not want to take Outlook files from Outlook 200 which is also on my laptop and backup.

Thanks in advance.

Rich

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Need help installing Office 2007
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Need help installing Office 2007
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Most of us do not use Exchange Server.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 16, 2007 12:07 AM PST
Collapse -
Hello Bob
by rdatrader / December 16, 2007 2:32 AM PST

As always it's good to speak with you again.

I am not getting any specific error message--I just loose all my Office 2000 e-mails, account settings and contacts and cannot figure out how to get them over to Office 2007.

It is as if I am starting with a blank slate--and never used Outlook before.

Rich

Collapse -
One More thing
by rdatrader / December 16, 2007 2:35 AM PST
In reply to: Hello Bob

I have gone to the website you suggested and will attempt that process as soon as I can--It looks like it might do the trick.

Thanks again

Rich

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!