General discussion

Need help in understanding

Why does wide screen LCDs still show top and bottom blank screens even when they are showing wide screen movie format?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Need help in understanding
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Need help in understanding
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
need more info...

can you tell me what your video output device is & what your video source device is? (ie, what TV & dvd player are you using?)

widescreen can many different things & sometimes it means a letterbox image.

- Collapse -
For 3luke3

I have a Sony progressive scan DVD and a Sony LCD HD monitor and I'm using RGBs as my cables.

My TV has different picture options but some times none of the modes can eliminate the black bars.

- Collapse -
heh

well thats not very specific on the hardware.... hmmm... what DVDs are you playing that cause the letterbox effect? if they are common ones, I probably have them.

CNET Forums

Forum Info