Storage forum

General discussion

need help in my cd rw

hi i had a 3 years old cd rw asus CRW 5232a4 it don't burn any disk in nero and any other program except magicISO i tryed buring at all speeds and in nero it sometimes say commenction error or nothing but it burn good in magicISO i have tryed other one and worked good and on the same cable and it read cds very good help me please and thank you

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: need help in my cd rw
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: need help in my cd rw
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Can you rewrite your post to correct

In reply to: need help in my cd rw

There are too many typographic errors for me to guess what you meant to tell.

For now try the usual CD LENS CLEANER and a fresh post without those errors.
Bob

Collapse -
Wait a second. Why didn't you tell about your faulty DVD?

In reply to: Can you rewrite your post to correct

I'm locking the other post for now.

Collapse -
sorry for spelling

In reply to: need help in my cd rw

Sorry for bad spelling I am from Egypt and I talk Arabic not English any way my old cd ?rw don?t write cd in any writing program except magicISO and in nero it don?t give any error message but it read cds good what can I do with it ? and my other problem is I bougth a new DVD writer it worked good I had written 5 DVDs with but after them it don?t write and give me DMA drive error ,CRC error and I tried two cds each one stop at the same point of writing and it is still new both are asus and on cable and one more thing the DVD write cds good and read DVDs good and thank you

Collapse -
Let's try this.

In reply to: sorry for spelling

If ANY of those Nero softwares is OEM and you have multiple recorders I've found I need to uninstall Nero and go get the retail version.

Collapse -
i will try this on which one

In reply to: Let's try this.

i had tried differnce windows on the dvd and tried other nero programs nero 8 and orginal nero 7 and nero 6 and the nero i am currntly using is nero 7 that came with the new dvd any other help please and thank you

Collapse -
What?

In reply to: i will try this on which one

That sounds very expensive. Why would you not just buy that latest retail version?

Keep in mind that Nero doesn't work with all drives or media types. I dropped a hint earlier about the log containing more clues but let me try BLUNT!

1. What make of the media that fails?
2. What firmware version for each drive MAKE and MODEL too please?

Collapse -
not like you think

In reply to: What?

nero 7 came with the dvd and a ferind had nero 8 so i setup it and i had nero 6 with the old writer and both of the writers was working on nero very good and the cd rw i had updated it's fireware any way i even had 2 windows they both don't work in both windows windows vista ultimate and xp and i had tried other windows xp an windows vista even windows xp pro and home edtiom and vista ultimate and vista home and they didn't work pease help i can return back the dvd but the old one i need to fix it

Collapse -
Bingo. "updated"

In reply to: not like you think

The updating of firmware is a well known way to kill off the ability to use the OEM versions of Nero. You now know why this happens.

-> The only fix I've found is to go back or scrub the drive clean of any sign of Nero then install their latest RETAIL version. Any OEM version may not do here.

Thanks for the final clue.
Bob

Collapse -
i had updated only one not two

In reply to: Bingo. "updated"

i had updated the cd rw but the dvd still with the orginal fireware what can i do about the dvd ?

Collapse -
Not much.

In reply to: i had updated only one not two

This is the bane of the OEM versions. They seem to do odd things when firmware or drive change. Glad we've found it. Since you don't have the full retail copy look to freeware DVD and other creation/burning programs.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.