HolidayBuyer's Guide

PC Applications forum

General discussion

need help in browsing the internet

by sapheroth / November 15, 2004 3:09 AM PST

my isp doesnt allow me to use p2p softwares (like kazaa,emue etc.)and also i m not able to access certain websites and download certain video and audio formats formats.i used a software "primedius web tunnel" and it worked good.with its help i was able to use p2p software and access all the sites.
but its was a trial version and worked only for a weak.i want to know that is there any other free software that can do the same job.
i think its kind of anonymous serfing.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: need help in browsing the internet
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: need help in browsing the internet
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: need help in browsing the internet
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / November 15, 2004 8:29 AM PST

Firstly, I would stay away from Kazaa. It is riddled with spyware and adware, and that is probably why your ISP blocks you from using it.

Secondly, if your ISP does block you from downloading certain files, or surfing certain web sites, that is an issue you should take up with your ISP, or change to a different one.

Mark

Collapse -
by skippyd333 / November 15, 2004 8:35 PM PST

I would change ISP right away. Try Areslite. In cnet, go to downloads type p2p in search box and it is on the second page. Its a small program with no ads or spyware. It works great for music, movies or, programs.

Collapse -
by sapheroth / November 17, 2004 4:38 PM PST

well thanx for your help guys..
changing the ISP is a better option..but the prob. is that i have purchased the serive of that isp for 6 months and now i think i have to stick with this.
i think the topic is been changes..
i asid that the software that i mensioned above works good.with that software i can use p2p shofware and download any file that i want...but its not free.i have to pay monthly in order to use this software..
i just want to know that is there any other software (free or shareware) that can do the same job as "primeduis web tunnel"...
thanx

Collapse -
by skippyd333 / November 17, 2004 10:28 PM PST

I just looked up your p2p web tunnel and I don't know of any shareware that will hide from your isp. My Isp will shut you down if they find copy write material on your machine. All you need to do is keep it in another folder and not share it. I only share adult movies and don't have problems with that. But I download other stuff, I won't mention because of this forums policies. I can also use my router to hide behind my first computer and my cable company can't see my other computers. as to cleaning your machine you can find all kinds of tool to do that for you,free. I use HDcleaner. you can find it at www.majorgeeks.com. As to p2p's there are about 150 different ones, most free on cnet. Its your preference to the one you like. I like Areslite and Limewire international. Both are ad free and no spyware attached. Alot of free p2p do have ads that slow you down and spyware that you need to get rid of after the download. witch can be a big pain. I hope this helps. Skip

Collapse -
by sapheroth / November 18, 2004 6:29 PM PST

well i thik u guys are not getting the point..
i was talking about anonymous surfing.and the softwre that i told hides my from my isp.i only want to know that is there any software that can hide my ip from my isp..
coz after hiding my ip from my isp i would be able to use any p2p software and download any file that i want.
there are some software and public proxy servers but no one is working. only the "primedius ewb tunnel" works.
if any1 knows any free software like this then plz tell me.
i think now u guys got it what i want.

Collapse -
This is like hiding your street address from the postman.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 18, 2004 9:18 PM PST

Hiding your IP from your ISP is the same thing.

You will get no mail and no packets from your ISP which is "the internet".

Quite funny if you think about it.

Bob

Collapse -
Re: This is like hiding your street address from the postman
by sapheroth / November 18, 2004 11:44 PM PST

let me explain first....
my isp doest allow me to access certain site lets say "www.abc.com"i get an error on the webpage "access denied. contact your webmaster"...but when i use that software(i mentioned above),i can access that website easliy .
what doest it means???
i think this means that my isp doesnt know what i m doing.and this is what we call anonymous browsing.
and same case is with downloading certain file formats like mp3,wmv,etc.
now what...

Collapse -
by skippyd333 / November 19, 2004 11:43 AM PST

Believe me we get what your talking about. If there is any free software like this I don't know about it. If there was any free software like this, then someone else would of already jumped in here to tell you about it. Like Bob said, your Isp gives you your IP address. Without it you can't surf the net. Your paid p2p must be acting as another Isp to let you do what you want. So you actually have 2 Isp's. Get the picture? Get another Isp or wait out the 6 months. Next time know what you are paying for before you buy it. Skip

Collapse -
by sapheroth / November 19, 2004 3:31 PM PST

LOL...
Thanx Guys:)

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.