General discussion

Need help hooking up 2 monitors to 1 PC

HI. I do a lot of graphic work on my PC and a lot of the time I'm trying to learn from tut or use photos to do my work by. Anyway, I heard that you could hook up two monitors to 1 PC and i thought this would really help me out.
I was hoping someon here might be able to help me figure out what equiptment I would need and how to set things up. here are the specs on my PC. It's pretty new and there are no problems with it..
------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 3/26/2010, 00:23:51
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_rtm.090713-1255)
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: GA-MA785GMT-UD2H
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X2 550 Processor (2 CPUs), ~3.1GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 4094MB RAM
Page File: 1649MB used, 6539MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GT 220
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GT 220
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A20&SUBSYS_830F1043&REV_A2
Display Memory: 2777 MB
Dedicated Memory: 986 MB
Shared Memory: 1791 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: Acer H233H
Monitor Id: ACR00A0
Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)
Output Type: HDMI

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Need help hooking up 2 monitors to 1 PC
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Need help hooking up 2 monitors to 1 PC
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Say, my kid has the GT 220.

To hook up 2 displays is easy since it has 2 video connections.

What could be easier?

As to no problems, this is a PC so I expect problems.
Bob

- Collapse -
thanks..still need more info

thanks for the input,
But the part I'm having trouble with is, if I plug two into the back of the computer what next?.. I don't know how to not have them show the same display.

- Collapse -
I don't know how to not have them show the same display.

Windows display properties should have an option to "Extend" my display.

I can't offer you a step by step since the exact steps vary with the OS and drivers but the key word I see is the Extend my display check box. Look for that.
Bob

CNET Forums

Forum Info