Need help finding power supply for laptop to be used in AUS

The title says it all, really. I'm moving from the States to Australia at the end of the year and plan on purchasing a new laptop before I move due to the high cost of electronics in Australia. Now, to my understanding, Australian appliances and electronics use a different amount of current to their US counterparts. I've found a laptop that I'm set on purchasing and would like to find a power supply/power cable (not sure of the correct terminology) that would enable me to charge and use my US sold laptop in Australia. Included below is a link to the computer I plan to buy before leaving. If anyone could link me to the proper power supply for this laptop to be used and charged in Australia it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a ton!

Link to laptop ----->

Discussion is locked
Reply to: Need help finding power supply for laptop to be used in AUS
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Need help finding power supply for laptop to be used in AUS
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
Most are fine. What I check.

Look at the power supply or brick, and it should be fine for 100 to 240 VAC and 50/60 Hz.

In other words, ready for the world.

- Collapse -
The problem I'm having

The problem I'm having is that the wall outlet has a different plug in Australia than it does in the US. So what I'm looking for is a power brick/supply with an Australian male plug

- Collapse -
Re: plug

I'm sure they are selling those in AUS.
For travellers, there's the usual adapter plug (that you could use also). That's a few dollar.

If you happen to visit the UK, you'll need another travel adapter, that fits an English outlet.

- Collapse -
Yep, An Adapter Should Be All You Need..

Because the power supply cable on the new computer supports both 120 and 240 Volt systems, the adapter in the link below should get it done. Although I haven't been to Australia, we recently visited the UK and even though their voltage is different, our phones and laptops worked fine with nothing more than the adapter plug.

On the other hand, with higher wattage items, like hair driers, we needed a full voltage converter AND the plug adapter.

Hope this helps.


Post was last edited on October 26, 2016 10:56 AM PDT

CNET Forums