Cameras forum

General discussion

Need Help Deciding on Digital Camera

I need to get a digital camera and don't have much to spend. I need for the camera to have both a view finder and LCD Screen. I also need to be able to take decent pictures from a distance. I am a dog trainer and take pictures of dogs inside and outside. Sometimes its just a few dogs and at our group class it can be as many as 20 dogs.

I have been looking at the Cannon SD 950 IS and a Sony Cybershot but don't remember the model number. I'm looking for a camera that is fairly small so it will fit in my pants pocket.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Renee

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Need Help Deciding on Digital Camera
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Need Help Deciding on Digital Camera
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Canon PowerShot S30

In reply to: Need Help Deciding on Digital Camera

My wife's Fujifinepix 2400Z finally quit working and she wanted a camera that was basically the same as her old one.

I bought a used Canon PowerShot S30 on ebay for $47 plus $10 s&h. It is a very good camera.

Most inexpensive or very small new cameras don't have optical viewfinders.

But, if you are not very familiar with ebay, get a friend who is a ebay fan to help.

Collapse -
some with viewfinders

In reply to: Canon PowerShot S30

All the Canon A-series. As low as $150 new. Also the G9 and the S5IS
For the ultra compacts of Canon:
SD1000 and SD1100
SD950
SD890
SD850

Sony:
W120
W300
W170
W150
W130

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.