General discussion

Need help converting VOB files to edit in ULead maker

Hello need some advice please. I have a Panasonic video camera, mini discs. I have windows XP. After I finalize the disc I would like to edit using ULead movie maker but as the file is a VOB I cannot. The programs I have are Flick and Handbrake but still cannot use the file. Any suggestions maybe I am doing something wrong or in the wrong the wrong program. Appreciate any help.

Thanks Deb

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Need help converting VOB files to edit in ULead maker
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Need help converting VOB files to edit in ULead maker
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
I'd

Try the camcorder forum. But be careful as this question has been asked a few times so be ready for the usual reply.

DVD FLICK used my vob files fine but mine were on the hard drive and not from the DVD. On dvd these could be read only and cause issues so I won't try that.
Bob

- Collapse -
You could give dvdshrink a try.

Or just give any video ripping program a try if Ulead cannot do that for you. I would think, for editing, you need to get the video files to the harddrive first.

CNET Forums

Forum Info