PC Applications forum

General discussion

Need help: connection problem on download.com

Hi,

I want to download a Program called "Knight Online" and when I click on the link to download it, directs me to another page and opens a small window. (I?m guessing that the small window helps the download start). Nothing happens except it displays "Error cannot Find Page", so I click on the alternative link for the program and it takes a while to load then it says that the page cannot be displayed. The link to the file download is below. This is the only Official Place listed on the knight online webpage.

http://www.download.com/Knight-Online/3000-7541_4-10591347.html?tag=pub

The file is close to 500mb and I have a good connection to the internet. I have Norton Antivirus, Internet 7. Computer specs: AMD 4200+ 64bit 2.2 GHz... 2 gigs ram... Integrated graphics card NVIDIA 6150. Windows XP MCE.

By the Way I tried downloading the program on my other computer, but it didn?t work. The other computer a bit slower, and has a different antivirus protection, but it has IE7 also. I made sure that I tried it without the popup blocker on and without the firewall also. Is it a problem with my computer or a broken link? What is the Problem??? I have downloaded an earlier version of this file a long time ago and it worked.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Need help: connection problem on download.com
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Need help: connection problem on download.com
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Others Work

In reply to: Need help: connection problem on download.com

Other downloads work... this is strange...

Collapse -
(NT) Or you could check your other post and reply.

In reply to: Need help: connection problem on download.com

Collapse -
What?...?? Check my other post?

In reply to: Or you could check your other post and reply.

I need help with my 1st post on this page. What do you mean check my previous post?... mabye I should have chosen a different title for my first one as someone else had a post with the same title. O By the Way the Web page for knight online is www.knightonlineworld.com and it directs the user here if they want to download knight online.

Im confused with your answer

Collapse -
Hint: use other download sites and report this to

In reply to: What?...?? Check my other post?

download.com This is the discussion forum and we don't do much with that except discuss it.

I used google to look for other sites.

Bob

Collapse -
o ok, I was talking about the download site on this page

In reply to: Hint: use other download sites and report this to

This is a game download and this is the only offical site to get it at. I have to enter pasword and a user name into it so this is the only site i trust for this download.

Where should I go to get a solution?... I though that there might be a section on the forums but there isnt I dont think... If there is then Please send me there.

Collapse -
(NT) Thanks

In reply to: Link to Download.com support.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.