General discussion

Need help

Have an iPhone 4 with Verizon. A few weeks ago, phone no longer had any sound from external speaker. Took device to cell repair shop (out of warranty) and replaced speaker. Device sounds work and volume control set to loudest level.

Problem is that the ringer for incoming calls does not work. No trouble hearing callers or them hearing me. Can select ringtones and hear them playing. Ringer is not set to silent. (as far as I can determine). Just tried updating to iOS 7 but made no difference.

Any ideas or suggestions ??

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Need help
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Need help
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Shot in the dark here.

All the iPhones have a mechanical switch that turns off the ringer BUT allows you to hear hear ringtones when you select them from the Settings app.

On the iPhone 4 it is on the upper left side. Whatever position it is in now, flip it the other way.

Did that work?

P

- Collapse -
Thanks !!!

Duh, don't know how I missed that. Works fine now.

- Collapse -
(NT) Always nice to get a winner!

CNET Forums

Forum Info