Spyware, Viruses, & Security forum

General discussion

NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!

by koolman51 / September 7, 2006 1:58 PM PDT

MY WINDOWS IS STARTING TO CRASH ALOT!!!!IT SAYS THAT WINDOWS EXPLORER HAS EXPERIANCED A PROBLEM AND I HAVE TRIED DONT SEND AND SEND ERROR REPORT,EITHER WAY THE MICROSOFT FREEZES EXEPT FOR TASK MANAGER...which is the only way i can shutoff my computer.please help me on this!!and the only real way it doesnt crash is that if i open a web browser as soon as i can.please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Need help?
by Carol~ Moderator / September 7, 2006 3:33 PM PDT
In reply to: NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!

As a start, it might help others, help you, if you included all the information you posted in the Notebook Forum, titled ''NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!''. Did you read Bob Proffitt's suggestion, in your other thread, titled ''bloatware problem NEED HELP!!!!!!''?? Everything you've tried recently, will help others try to put the pieces together. To include when you mentioned, 'my neighbors are using my router without my consent and i want that to stop in your ''Need help here'' thread.

I'm being quite sincere. All you have written may have relevance, or maybe not. It all seems to have happened, in a relatively short period of time. In addition, prior to posting, you'll see on the top of page, ''Note: If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem''. This too would be a great deal of help.

Carol

Collapse -
koolman51
by Bugbatter / September 7, 2006 11:49 PM PDT

Take a deep breath. Follow Carol's advice and review those other threads.
You reinstalled Windows three days ago. Did you remember to get your patches after that? The reinstallaion CD that Dell provided with your PC does not have all your Windows updates on it.

Collapse -
um okay
by koolman51 / September 10, 2006 2:38 PM PDT
In reply to: koolman51

my laptop is a dell b130,with 40gb hard drive,windows xp,512mb of ram (which is actually only 504mb of ram on my laptop)dell mini wireless card,intel celeron m 1.50 processor,and thats really all i can think of that i have on my computer,and i need to reinstall my computer again because when i reinstalled it the first time thats when my windows explorer startes doing whats its doing (windows explorer is not responding)and i did all of my updates on the windows.so is that enough information for you guys?

Collapse -
'Is that all the information for you guys'...
by Carol~ Moderator / September 10, 2006 4:11 PM PDT

Koolman.. I think not. You left out a great deal of information. What is your operating system? Is it Window's XP -- with SP2, or maybe only SP1. Is it Windows 2000? Or maybe 98? I don't think I can be more specific than that.

After you reinstalled your system the last time, you stated in a prior post, 'Thanks i just reinstalled windows and it worked like a charm!!!!!!!!thank you for helping me save my laptop. im happy now.'

You seem to contradict yourself, when you now say, 'when i reinstalled it the first time thats when my windows explorer startes doing whats its doing (windows explorer is not responding). It's making it difficult for people to help, when they lack all the facts.

When you said you had problems with Windows Explorer, it immediately reminded me of a problem with Explorer, which came about, as a result of update MS06-015. It involved certain, HP software. I am only using this, as an example. Without the information I mentioned in my prior post, it will be that more difficult to get help. Perhaps you might post what problems you had prior to this last event. And also what you tried to do to resolve it. Personally, I think it's unfair to ask member's to read through all your recent threads, to try to piece things together. Don't you?

You said your computer was 'working like a charm, after the reinstallation'. What did you do within the ensuing 48 hours, which got you to the point you're at now? Was it working okay, after the reinstallation and prior to updating your PC? In my opinion, if you might recreate the events, it would help a great deal. Also, as an additional help, you might want to read my above post again. I asked some questions, you never answered. Again.. all I'm attempting to do, is try to make it easier, for other's to help.

Carol

Collapse -
I too have over-looked something..
by Carol~ Moderator / September 10, 2006 5:22 PM PDT

And that would be ''the obvious''! In addition to the other forum's, you've posted here at V&S. Kindly, let us know what anti-spyware you have scanned with. Maybe even adding, which one's you've used.

Lastly, I'm a big proponent of the Event Viewer. (Another link about the Event Viewer.) It can afford you a great deal of information. You said, 'MY WINDOWS IS STARTING TO CRASH ALOT!!!!IT SAYS THAT WINDOWS EXPLORER HAS EXPERIANCED A PROBLEM'. It certainly wouldn't hurt to take a look at the Viewer, after one of these incidences.

Koolman, if there is anything you don't understand, or don't know, please do not hesitate to ask.

Carol

Collapse -
okay forget about it
by koolman51 / September 12, 2006 3:59 PM PDT

because i found out there was something wrong with my registry and i downloaded this registry error fixer and it fixed it all up for me.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!