Phones forum

Question

Need EVERYONE'S Opinion, Please!

by StrypeX / March 20, 2013 4:32 PM PDT

So my phone is getting prehistoric, and my provider is offering a temporary deal to me. If I extend my contract for 1 year, I can get a free upgrade to one of about 40 phones on the list.

The problem is, as technically savvy as I am, I really don't know much about phones. Well, not nearly as much as you guys anyhow. So I've narrowed the list down to 13, using my limited knowledge and eliminating the obvious garbage. This is where I need your guys' help, and any would be greatly appreciated!

From this list of 13, I'd like for you to choose your own opinion of the best 3, and place them in order with a very short description of why it'd be a good choice.

For example:

1. Nokia Lumia 4G LTA - Extremely fast response, decent camera.
2. Samsung Brightside - Big screen size, great customization.
3. Casio GZone Commando - Easy texting, nobody else has it.

With that said, here's the list to choose from:

Pantech Breakout 4G LTE
Pantech Hotshot
Pantech Marauder 4G LTE
LG Extravert
Samsung Brightside
Samsung Galaxy Stellar 4G LTE
Samsung ATIV Odyssey 4G LTE
LG Lucid 4G LTE
HTC Droid Incredible 4G LTE
Blackberry Curve 9310
Motorola Droid RAZR M 4G LTE
Nokia Lumia 4G LTE
Casio Gzone Commando

P.S. I would assume that the Samsung Galaxy or the Droid RAZR would be the best option, based on brand alone. But I also know that they're the "cheap" versions of those *great* phones. So, like I said, any help would be greatly appreciated. Happy

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Need EVERYONE'S Opinion, Please!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Need EVERYONE'S Opinion, Please!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
It's somewhat subjective
by Pepe7 / March 21, 2013 12:37 AM PDT

It would be easier if you listed your preferences/requirements instead of having fifty random people incorporate their preferences to a huge list of handsets. In other words, do you want a touch screen? Which carrier are you with currently? Do you need a device that has a great camera/music options, etc.(?)

Collapse -
Clarification Request
In just a few months,
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 21, 2013 12:47 AM PDT

We know that in just a few months, maybe 2 yet another ripple of the usual OS for phones is rolling out.
Some folk fret about such so till then, if folk can wait, I tell them to wait.

Bob

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
My opinion
by Maya459 / March 20, 2013 7:06 PM PDT

I would recommend you to consider Samsung Galaxy as far as from features and hardware's point of view.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.