16 total posts
Sure about that?
Two examples of notebooks with HDMI-in ports: Alienware 18x, Origin Eon18 (discontinued). I also saw what happened here: http://forums.cnet.com/7723-19684_102-406788.html. Also, can I get a better link than that? I don't see model or product class anywhere.
Good to see you found your laptops.
Since there are 2 models that do what you want without adding boxes, why not buy them?
I was already aware of them.
There are others, but the main reasons are that one's distasteful and the other is discontinued. I'd also like a bigger screen, if that's possible. Any shops where I can get that?
So far no.
I've only seen such things at trade shows where they are trying to sell it to retailers. So far, not a big enough market.
Same thing you said about HDMI-in.
Like I said, I'm ready to make a custom order.
What you found is what I found.
These are rare and you have found all I have heard of.
However I would never give anyone a thumbs up on built-in HDMI input given that how treacherous this is. Plus the gamers would be pi__ed off about the LAG.
If we move the HDMI input to BLACK MAGIC then we can look for laptops with USB 3.0 but still have the gamers upset.
What you know is what you know.
I still don't see any explanation in your text; is it me?
What part needs explaining.
1. There are so few HDMI input laptops that you and I have listed most of them.
2. There's a big issue of LAG for gamers that would have them PI__ED OFF!
3. If we move that to BLACK MAGIC's solution we can look around.
The explanation part. You've said all that before.
1."Which predesigned models are good?...Or who's good to custom order from?" -Still waiting.
2. What lag? See below. http://forums.cnet.com/7726-19680_102-5242687.html?tag=posts;msg5242687
3. Alright, what's the solution? "Also, can I get a better link than that? I don't see model or product class anywhere." Continued below.
1. You order from those that have what you want.
2. At the shows I saw lag. If you think there is no lag in the model, this will not be an issue.
3. I think the solution is the external HDMI capture but only if this is for non-GAMING use.
The models with HDMI in are so rare and
So far no one seems to be buying that my thought here is if you want it, try and get it. But as HDMI has all that nasty HDCP I'd stick with Black Magic today so you can replace it when HDCP stops your HDMI input from working.
Definitely will open the door to hundreds of models rather than the 3 or 4 found so far that are rare.
Not sure what you mean about HDCP, replacement, but
In any case you seem to say that the device you linked me to would give perfect capture, but not display. Where would it connect to the rig anyway, if not an HDMI in; USB? Or what's it called?
I think Black Magic should answer that.
Their boxes do have HDMI in or capture. The problem as I see it is you might think you could play a video game using the laptop's display.
And there's a problem waiting to be discovered. Since I only see these at shows I can offer that the lag would have gamers P.O.'d
I was referring to the port on the notebook in would input into. Couldn't I do just that? Lag from what? The console outputs the data through a cable to a television set the same way.
All due respect, but you haven't answered a single question I've asked.