Linux forum

General discussion

Need consulting help porting MOTOTRBO USB XP driver to Linux

Hello,
We have an immediate need to port an XP USB driver to a particular flavor of Linux. We need to find a way to interface our product, sending simple text strings, to Motorola MOTOTRBO base stations, relayed for display on handsets.
Our product is based on the Technologic TS-7800 single board computer running Linux:
http://www.embeddedarm.com/products/board-detail.php?product=TS-7800
?The TS-7800 uses an improved Linux 2.6 Kernel (currently 2.6.21 version) that allows 0.69 second bootup from NAND Flash and provides driver support for all on-board hardware.?

The Motorola MOTOTRBO XPR 4550 Base Station acts as USB slave via its rear interface connector (no serial RS-232 capability), intended to be connected to a Windows XP computer.

Motorola advises we have two options:
1) Use the USB device descriptor information found in the MOTOTRBO Non-IP Peripheral ADK document to create our own Linux driver.
2) Use Linux open-source community literature to create a Linux wrapper for RNDIS

Feel free to post any helpful suggestions. If you'd like to inquire as a paid consultant please reply with a brief description of your technical ability and experience a) porting USB drivers from XP to Linux and b) your familiarity with the MOTOTRBO system. Reply to tt_medical@yahoo.com.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Need consulting help porting MOTOTRBO USB XP driver to Linux
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Need consulting help porting MOTOTRBO USB XP driver to Linux
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Have you considered a bounty?

In reply to: Need consulting help porting MOTOTRBO USB XP driver to Linux

Collapse -
Done

In reply to: Have you considered a bounty?

Any other suggestions where to post? Thanks!

Collapse -
The only other idea that worked for others I know.

In reply to: Done

Contact the usual CompSci professors and get a grad to do their thesis on it. The grad gets their thesis and you get your system. The only problem I have with people who want drivers is they tend to want it last year. I'm currently on a project that they wanted in 2008. I only got tapped for it in June 2009 and my projection is delivery of a final in 2010. It wasn't fun to hear them telling me I was late before I ever got started. But I understand this all too well.
Bob

Collapse -
CommUSA does a good job

Hi TT,

I know that CommUSA specializes in <a href="http://www.commusa.com/products/category/MOTOTRBO.aspx">MOTOTRBO</a> systems.

This project sounds very cutting-edge for 'trbo systems. It's exciting that the software is open source and that you can build custom apps. I would love to hear more about what you are doing with this system.

Collapse -
Re: porting MOTOTRBO USB XP driver to Linux

Hello!

I faced a similar problem. I wonder whether you have achieved the desired result? If yes, could not help me?

Regards, Serg.

Collapse -
Mototrbo Driver Ported To Linux

In reply to: Re: porting MOTOTRBO USB XP driver to Linux

Has any progress been made porting the driver to linux? If so where can the driver be found?

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.