General discussion

Need Cell Phone Recommendations

Hi all, I'm looking for a new cell phone.

My price range is somewhere from $100-$300, but it's pretty flexible. I do want a good quality phone, so I will not hesitate to pay more for a better phone. Here are some general criteria that I'm looking for:
- Must be unlocked (so I can use it with any service provider)
- Don't need a smartphone - will not have internet access on the phone
- USB to transfer data between phone/computer
- MP3 player
- 3.0+ megapixel camera (preferably, but 2.0+ is okay too)
- I prefer bar, flip, or slide (in that order) over a touchscreen
- Preferably Bluetooth access

If it helps, I really liked this phone, but they only offer it in the Phillipines, as far as I know.
http://www.samsung.com/ph/consumer/mobile-phone/mobile-phone/style/SGH-E590LKSXTC/index.idx?pagetype=prd_detail&tab=specification

Any suggestions would be awesome! Thank you.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Need Cell Phone Recommendations
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Need Cell Phone Recommendations
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Need more information

For anyone to make a suggestion, the most important piece of information required is to confirm which cell carrier you will use. Keep in mind that a Sprint or Verizon phone will not work with either At&t or T-mobile.

- Collapse -
RE:

I will be using Consumer Cellular, which should work with any unlocked phone.

- Collapse -
Not really sure

Do they use CDMA (Sprint/Verizon) or GSM (At&t/T-mobile) technology?

- Collapse -
Hi all,

mobile is become most imporant equipment in our life. but young generation use and miss use this.

- Collapse -
Huh??

How is your post relevant to the original question ??

- Collapse -
LG

I don't know if you can unlock these phones (I'm not that technical), but the LG EnV3 would be a good phone for everything else you're looking for. It's currently carried by Verizon but you can probably find it on ebay or something.

CNET Forums

Forum Info