Thank you for being a valued part of the CNET community. As of December 1, 2020, the forums are in read-only format. In early 2021, CNET Forums will no longer be available. We are grateful for the participation and advice you have provided to one another over the years.

Thanks,

CNET Support

General discussion

Need AVI to MPEG Converter

Nov 22, 2007 2:45PM PST

I am looking for an AVI to MPEG Converter that is user friendly, quick and produces good quality output files. Please let me know if you know of one whether it be free of cost or paid! If it is good I will buy it.
Thanks in advance!

Discussion is locked

- Collapse -
Software Request
Nov 23, 2007 9:11AM PST

Thomas:

C|net hosts another web site called Downloads, go to http://www.downloads.com

Once there search for "avi to mpeg" and notice you'll get already reviewed links to shareware, freeware etc.

- Collapse -
Re: Need AVI to MPEG Converter
Nov 23, 2007 6:52PM PST

Hi,
I am using a converter called Movavi VideoSuite. It has the ability to convert both video and audio streams of AVI video files into MPEG and other various video formats. It supports the comprehensive video formats including and transforms video images by applying different effects and transitions. Movavi VideoSuite also provides the variable expert options to the user for controlling the specification and quality of outputting. An easy-to-use interface allows you to enjoy working with video files without frequently consulting reference materials. Hope this will help you. Good luck!