HolidayBuyer's Guide

Samsung forum

General discussion

Need Assistance with LAN for my UN55C7000WF TV. No Connectio

by steve02usa / October 6, 2010 2:56 AM PDT

Hello Everyone -

First off, thank you for your assistance. I recently received my new UN55C7000WF TV and now I'm trying to get it to connect wireless to my home network. I purchased the AK96-01194A LAN Stick (USB) from the Samsung Parts website. It stated this was the one to use with my TV. I have a D-Link DIR-655N router, and have all my printers and computers hooked up both wired and wireless. I'm running 802.11n with no problems. I have attached the LAN Stick as directed and I cannot get it to connect to my network. I have defined all the information including my SSID, IP address, DNS names, etc. I have defined the LAN Stick MAC Address to my router. it can find my SSID, but when it goes thru the IP PING TEST, it fails and says it cannot find my router. I have worked on this for over 8 hours and have no solution. This is becomming very frustrating to say the least. Can anyone provide me with step by step procedures I should be following, and or examples that show how to setup the LAN Stick, besides what is in the manual which is not much. I am using WPA/WPA2 security, and have provided the passcode during installation process for the LAN Stick. Still that does not work. I do not know what to do next. Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated. I've never seen anything so difficult to install.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Need Assistance with LAN for my UN55C7000WF TV. No Connectio
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Need Assistance with LAN for my UN55C7000WF TV. No Connectio
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
"I have defined the LAN...
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 6, 2010 4:06 AM PDT

"I have defined the LAN Stick MAC Address to my router"

This means you have MAC filtering turned on. The advice in the CNET Networking forum tells us that MAC filtering is not adding security to our network today. The short version is to go with the router defaults except for ISP needs, then WPA-PSK for security. If you hide the SSID then you find some systems drop connections.

Then again there are folk that insist on MAC filters and hidden SSID. I can't help those folk but have to let them ask the router and device makers to get it to work.
Bob

Collapse -
Need Assistance with LAN for my UN55C7000 TV. No Connection
by steve02usa / October 6, 2010 11:29 PM PDT

Thank you for the reply. This did not resolve the issue. I'm still having problems getting connected. I'm wondering how many others have the AK96-01194A LAN Stick (USB) and are still having problems getting connected. From browsing this forum it appears lots of people have been having problems with the LED's getting connected to a LAN. I'm hoping someone has been successful and will post their steps in resolving the issue.

Collapse -
Sorry.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 7, 2010 2:08 AM PDT

But I don't have this issue. I can only share how we set it up and that over in the Cnet Networking forum we have the advice and a sticky just for Samsung owners to get started.

If folk don't have it setup per that forum advice I can only advise they get the makers to help them out. If it doesn't work per the advised settings then the usual is the router is too far from the stick.

And again, it happened. A member claimed it was setup but when we looked deeper, the router has out of date firmware. That is in the advice in the Cnet Networking forum.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.