Small business & Startups forum

General discussion

Need Assistance Starting A Gaming Computer Manufacturer

by Blizzshow / August 19, 2008 2:31 AM PDT
A little information about myself before I start: I'm Nick Nishanian. A 16 year old who lives in LA, California and goes to all AP classes. Yes you know great a idiotic kids who thinks he can start a business. Well I've done it before.

Experience: In the past I've started 2 .com businesses which I've sold to a private buyer. Also since the age of 10 I've been helping and watching my dad in his business. He owns couple of the Hamton Inn & Suite hotels in California, He owned once of the most popular banquest halls in LA district which he sold, and also a major real estate owner. Also at age 15 I've gotten my front desk, night audit, and assistance management certification from Hilton to assist in my fathers hotels. So this clears up myself. Been building computers and repairing them since the age of 9.

What I want to do now: Since my video of my custom computer on YouTube, I've been asked by couple of individuals to make them computers, mainly custom gaming computers. Been doing this for over 4 months now and made well over $6,000. I decided if I can do this and enjoy doing it, why not start a business doing it.

What makes me different than others: I've been building and repairing computers since 9. I have a dream for these kind of stuff. I mainly want to build computer based on the gaming business and thats where most of the money comes these days. I also am I hard core gamer so when I build it comes, its build by not only gamers but hardcore gamers FOR hardcore gamers! I also have some stuff up my sleeve that I don't want to release to the public that will HIGHLY increase my reputation in the business cause of these strategy decesions I have in mind.

What do I need: I need assistance in starting the company. Where can I go to get a guide or some sort of information on companies started like this. I have the location already, its going to be at one of my dads buildings that he has set for me. It's not big but I can fit 10 computer docks for myself to work on since at the moment it'll just be me, it also has a desk room for myself and a front desk room. I need also have no idea where to buy the parts straight from the manufacturer since these days individuals buy from the reseller but I want to know where the reseller buys it from. Also how do warranty and issurance work? What legal action do I need? What certification do I need? What do I do? All these things need to be answered.

So please if any assistance will be welcomed, you can talk here or on my AIM sn at Nickwahh5. Thank you!
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Need Assistance Starting A Gaming Computer Manufacturer
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Need Assistance Starting A Gaming Computer Manufacturer
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Building computers.
by white-bread / August 20, 2008 4:26 PM PDT

All you need to do is find a way of advertising. Use youtube or setup a site and link to something such as ebay or amazon.
Ok
Can you do an install of Plan9 on an iPhone?
Can you rewrite and reinstall the windows kernel to work on the PPC architecture?
Can you make a BSD executable run on a linux system?

Collapse -
re:
by Zraupp / June 23, 2011 2:58 AM PDT

wow 2 years old, need help still?

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?