General discussion

Need an Excel expert. . .

I'm going to do some consulting (telecom training) and will invoice the company for delivery time and expenses. I have the Excel invoice template and will fill it out and email it. Is there any way to "lock" the file so it cannot be changed by the company?

TLIA

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Need an Excel expert. . .
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Need an Excel expert. . .
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
I'm here!!
Devil

Short answer, yes. In Excel with the worksheet open, goto Tools > Protection > Protect sheets.

Select the elements you want, (or de-select to protect against any form of editing), and enter a password. Repeat the password when prompted, and save the file.

You could experiment with Protect Workbook as an alternative.

Don't forget that password!

Does that help?

Mark
- Collapse -
If I'd known it was you. . .

I'd've emailed you!

Thanks, that sounds like what I need. I'll play with it and see what happens.

Thanks, Mark.

- Collapse -
Mark, BTW. . .
- Collapse -
Ahh.

You've tried this before, in the early days of my membership here Happy

You're very welcome to use the image I provided in my profile, it is of Yoda, from Star Wars. It's a close match!

Any real ones will break your web page, and possibly the internet.

Mark

PS, in the Beta version of these forums, that image doesn't appear in my new profile page. I expect Lee and Co to fix those pages at some time.

- Collapse -
I remember now. . .

But I'm afraid the picture of Yoda would look like too many other people. LOL

- Collapse -
I send then the PDF.

Open Office's spreadsheet can load most XLS files and has a PDF feature.

- Collapse -
Yeah, but. . .

I may look at Open Office.

- Collapse -
You can use any PDF creation software

I was just noting something I use for submitting the bills.

- Collapse -
(NT) Ah!

CNET Forums