Thank you for being a valued part of the CNET community. As of December 1, 2020, the forums are in read-only format. In early 2021, CNET Forums will no longer be available. We are grateful for the participation and advice you have provided to one another over the years.

Thanks,

CNET Support

General discussion

Need advise on accounting software

Nov 17, 2008 2:30PM PST

Can anyone advise of good accounting software that works for Mac OS? Need something pretty basic that is user friendly and reliable. AK

Discussion is locked

- Collapse -
Good accounting software?
Jul 6, 2010 11:31AM PDT

Shop for an accounting software after you're clear of your business requirements.

For example, if your business is simple, you don't need to go for big or heavy software as you can use such sample reference to choose the right accounting software:

http://www.smallbusinesslog.com/why-cashflow-manager/

- Collapse -
Advise on Accounting Software
Jul 7, 2010 10:08PM PDT

I would say that TioLive would be a good solution for you. It enables you to track your spending and profit, to create invoices for your customers and suppliers, to manage your inventory, and many other features that can be used only in the case that you would need them.

Moreover I'm quite sure that you could manage your business on TioLive free version without any problem. You would just have to register (also for free).

- Collapse -
Jul 10, 2010 3:43AM PDT

Is Netsuite suitable for your OS?Try it or you can go for ERP.

- Collapse -
Free Online Accounting Software
Feb 1, 2011 4:54PM PST

I use a free online accounting software for my small business. It's reliable, secure and very much user friendly that even layman can use this software. They have video tutorials to assist users in creating and managing transactions.
http://numia.biz

- Collapse -
Quicbooks, Peachtree
Mar 9, 2011 3:13PM PST

I have used Quickbooks and Peachtree. But, I am not sure if they have Mac version.

- Collapse -
software
Mar 22, 2011 5:39PM PDT

Quickbooks but not sure if they have Mac version.

- Collapse -
It really depends on your requirements/business needs.
Jul 18, 2011 3:50AM PDT

If you just need very basic bookkeeping: Quickbooks
If you are looking for fraud prevention/detection: Apex Analytix
If you want extensive reporting capabilities while still having a simple interface: Netsuite