PC Hardware forum

General discussion

need advice for speakers

i got some 10 or so year old speakers that used to be amazing and now suck. they are some beige 2.1 speakers with a subwoofer ans id say probably 20w satalites and a 30w sub...iono manye 10 for sats anyway imma get new speakers and want advice

first choice is reletavly cheap surround sound designed for computers

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Logitech-Z-5300e-5-1-Speaker-System-970102-1403/sem/rpsm/oid/115308/catOid/-13041/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

second choice is a home entertainmnet system with more than three times the wattage but i dont know if it will sound that much better... they have pc in mind as well

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Philips-HTS3555-5-1-Channel-Home-Theater-System-Black-HTS3555/sem/rpsm/oid/188803/catOid/-13325/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

from a wattage standpoint id go for the entertainment system in a heartbeat but i have no clue which has better quality... its not just how loud i want it to sound rich too. i play alot of fps games and listen to music and watch movies on my high end pc with a 1080p monitor and have a 360 with a cheap 5.1 system i bought for 40 bucks. thx for help

corey

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: need advice for speakers
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: need advice for speakers
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
sound card

In reply to: need advice for speakers

A good sound card and mixer app is better than speakers.

Collapse -
well...

In reply to: sound card

my sound card is a pci-e sound card that came with my mobo 7.1... i have an abit aw9d max and see no need for a better sound card

http://lp.pcmoddingmy.com/albums/userpics/Abit/AW9DMAX/6.jpg

that is an image of my sound card

http://www.vr-zone.com/?i=4148&s=9

this is some info on the sound card i got called hd audio max

look. my pc is a pc i built with my very own hands. i have in a nutshell a nzxt apollo solver case, corsair modular 620 watt psu, core 2 duo e6600 overclocked from 2.4-3.46ghz with 1500ish fsb overclocked from 1ghz, i got corsair value ram overclocked from 667mhz-800 mhz, i got aan nvidia 8800 gtx oc, overclocked from 575 mhz core to 650mhz, 1450 mhz shader from 1350, 2000mhz memory from 1800mhz. my main monitor is a gateway 24 inch widescreen 1920x1200 that rotates 80 degrees, it has 1 vga, 1 dvi, 1 svideo, 1 composite and TWO component, i play 360 on my monitor... this baby is basicly a 60 inch widescreen hd tv shrunk to 24 inches which id rather have because the 60 inch tvs are crap... pixel density sucks on them. my seconday monitor is a samsung 19 inch widescreen 1440x900 with 1 vga and 1 dvi. my keyboard is a logitech g15 gaming keyboard, my mouse is logitech mx revolution, my internet connection is verizon fios at 30 megs per sec and i even got a remote for my compueter, not to mention a microsoft wireless media remote keyboard....what this all gets to is i have everything cranked to the max besides my sound and although my speakers sound pretty good, im thinkin that i wanna go surround sound. anyway i see nothing wrong with my sound card

Collapse -
Well well

In reply to: well...

Create free space. Install linux. Configure ALSA and aRts. Run a cable from the card to a stereo being sure to split and use adapters.
Set your equalizer as you want it on the computer first with the stereo set at zero value in each channel. Set the stereo levels according to how you like. save the values.
I analog. Set the computer at zero levels except in boost and capture,Set these slightly above zero level.

Collapse -
logitech speakers sound very good

In reply to: need advice for speakers

not big enough for a large living room, but great for a smaller room like a den or a bedroom (12'x12').

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.