General discussion

Need advice for Nvidia Graphics Card

I have 1 yr old custom build system. I want to include new nvidia GPU. Please suggest me which is best/suitable GPU for my system.

Configuration:
Core 2 Quad 2.66 Ghz (4mb L2)
Intel DG35EC Mo.Bd
320 GB HDD
Samsung FullHD Monitor
Win 7 64/Ultimate
SMPS 220-240Watts

Thanks in advance.
Ram.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Need advice for Nvidia Graphics Card
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Need advice for Nvidia Graphics Card
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Sadly.

That PSU is too low for anyone to offer much.

HOWEVER IF YOU ACCEPT ALL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK I WILL SHARE THE FOLLOWING.

I have a hp dv4999t with a Zotac GT240 FANLESS 1GB PCIe video card and on the Watt meter it draws in total under 99 Watts when running Windows. When a game runs it pulls about 120 Watts.

This means it might be ok for your machine. But the risk and choice is yours.
Bob

- Collapse -
No prob. will change my PSU. (More info about my job)

Bob Thanks,

Regarding the PSU, It is not a problem. I could replace it with new 450 - 650 Watts.

Sorry, I forgot to tell my job. I am freelance graphic designer. So working in Photoshop and Illustrator (And dreamweaver for coding) is the main purpose. Gaming is not at all there. Sometime I edit videos (I am using MS Expression Encoder 3 for now). And I like watch movie using my system.

I hope these information will help you to suggest me the right one.

Thanks,
Ram.

- Collapse -
There is no "the right one."
- Collapse -
Will check it now!

Thanks bob, Will check it there.

CNET Forums

Forum Info