Attention: The forums are currently placed on Read Only.

Thank you for visiting the CNET forums. Our site is currently undergoing some maintenance. During this period (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT,) you can read the forums content, however posting in the forum will not be available. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

Laptops forum

General discussion

Need advice buying a laptop

by fitchick1961 / March 20, 2014 2:59 AM PDT

I need some advice buying a laptop I don't mind if it's refurbished. I've been looking on Newegg, I don't know much about technical stuff at all, I would like to keep it under 800 if possible. all I really want is to go on the Internet, surf the Web, maybe play a couple of games here and there my grandkids play mostly, and have a webcam and a 17 inch screen and be fairly quick and be able to hook up to a printer any thoughts or recommendations, I don't really want to have to mess with bios or go into the operating system to mess around because I really don't have skills to do it, guess I want it ready to use, but not to expensive

Discussion is locked
Collapse -
The games are a killer here.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 20, 2014 3:14 AM PDT

While the rest can be easily handled by your rule of the mill Dell Inspiron, gaming can push you to the brink.

Is there any chance you can put the video gamers onto some XBox 360 or tell them to get their own?
Bob

Collapse -
Re:gaming
by fitchick1961 / March 20, 2014 6:10 AM PDT

oh yeah all the people to play games have Xbox is already when I mean video games I mean just some of the stuff like on facebook and things like that nothing extreme

Collapse -
Re:gaming
by fitchick1961 / March 20, 2014 6:13 AM PDT

Yes, all kids have xbox, I mean some of Facebook games, maybe minecraft

Collapse -
Minecraft can be extreme.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 23, 2014 8:03 AM PDT
In reply to: Re:gaming

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!