Attention: The forums are currently placed on Read Only.

Thank you for visiting the CNET forums. Our site is currently undergoing some maintenance. During this period (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT,) you can read the forums content, however posting in the forum will not be available. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

Web Hosting, Design, & Coding forum

General discussion

Need advice and review

by james7howard / March 29, 2014 1:19 AM PDT

My website (http://etechnologytips.com) haven't get visitor from search engine. i've doing all seo efforts that i can do. I don't know why my website still no visitor

Discussion is locked
Collapse -
What if we forget SEO for a moment.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 29, 2014 4:33 AM PDT
In reply to: Need advice and review

How about going for a product and service that folk want?
Bob

Collapse -
well
by james7howard / March 29, 2014 10:03 AM PDT

well, in my case it's information and tips i provided to who need it. For example. there must be someone out there who need this (http://etechnologytips.com/fix-iphone-wi-fi-antenna/) That's why we need seo to make them know that we provide that information.

Unless i can provide something that ALL people want like free pizza service or something like that. i wouldn't even need SEO

Collapse -
Then use the other "channels."
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 30, 2014 2:06 AM PDT
In reply to: well

Put your Facebook, T and Youtube channels at the top. SEO discussions are so well done that I don't add to such. Instead I go at this by having great products.
Bob

Collapse -
So, for "fix iphone wifi antenna"
by Sovereign Forum moderator / March 31, 2014 6:43 AM PDT
In reply to: Need advice and review

Your article appears on page 9. Of 284,000 results, 10 results per page, your article is in the top 100 results, which already a great start.

I see you registered your domain in February, which is very new. You just need to keep at it, and your articles will etch closer and closer to the top. The longer your site is around, the more established it will be.

There are thousands of new websites a day and if it was this easy to get to the top, the search results would be unreliable, as every day you'd something different. Search engines are computer and they can't decide from one day to another that a site good. As time goes on, they will give you more and more impressions and then measure impression to click ratio. The better your ratio, the higher you rank, the more traffic is coming your way.

Keep an eye on Google's Webmaster Tools to see how many impressions you are getting and your conversion is. As long as it's staying the same or going up, you're doing a good job.

~Sovereign

Collapse -
Seriously??
by james7howard / April 3, 2014 3:08 AM PDT

Is it a good start?

I don't know how hard is global competition. But my local website (Indonesia) Just need 2 months to get constant 1k++ visitor from Search Engine even without link building.
Then what suppose i do, to get better rank? More contents or link building?

Collapse -
SEO tends to get spammy, slime or worse.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 3, 2014 3:18 AM PDT
In reply to: Seriously??

Let's let those that SEO go to SEO forums. Here let's focus on the usual offer a needed product service and they will come.
Bob

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!