Question

Need advice...

As many people Im jumping into the tablet market this fall, there seems to be a billion of them, frankly right now I have no idea what Im looking for, so hoping some of you can help me decide.

This is what I want to do with it in order of importance:

1. Use as a ereader, with the ablilty to read PDF files
2. Run the Netflix and Hulu apps
3. Surf the web
4. At least be able to read excell files, edit would be nice, but can live without it.
5. Games, mostly for the kids.

What I can live without:

1. DO NOT need 3gs cablility , WIFI is fine, its 90% use at home for this.. want to convert my personal library to eformat, in fact already dumped my books to make room at my house for kid stuff.
3. DO not need huge capaticy of storage, I am fine moving files around from my PC's
4. Want to keep it under 250.00 bucks, this is a entertainment portal only, whatever limited time I have for more massive gaming and frankly Ive pretty much giving up doing much of anything.. catching a few shows a week and reading before bed is my biggest concern here!

What is my best options?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Need advice...
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Need advice...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
The 2 I'd look at today.

Kindle HD and the Google Nexus.

Bob

- Collapse -
woops coulple other things

I really like to stream music when I read via Iheartreadio, my music collection or pandora or soemthing like that...

Also, really need the use of headphone ablilty, will both of the options you listed allow for that as well..

Right now Im using the Apple 4s to do alot of this stuff.. and well even though it does everything i need, the screen is just to small for use of watching stuff from time to time.

Thanks

- Collapse -
Seems OK to me.

However if the folk that sell such things will not answer your questions then don't buy from them. I don't sell such things but those are the 2 I'd consider.

Sometimes a member wants another member to write a detailed reply to each one of the criteria. I hope you can check out the 2 models I noted to see if they have the Pandora app and what else you want to do.

Keep in mind that Android is for lack of a better word "FIDDLY". That is, those that are used to Apple setups may find the menus and apps a step back from the rather polished Apples.
Bob

CNET Forums