HolidayBuyer's Guide

Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

need a windows 98 second edition updates cd

by framp / August 3, 2004 5:41 AM PDT

does anyone have a windows 98 second edition updates cd? but (the one designed to upgrade windows 98 to 98se.)

could i buy it off you?

thank you,
floyd.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: need a windows 98 second edition updates cd
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: need a windows 98 second edition updates cd
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Maybe better try ebay.
by Kees Bakker / August 3, 2004 7:54 AM PDT

Collapse -
Hey Kees. . .
by Coryphaeus / August 3, 2004 9:51 AM PDT
In reply to: Maybe better try ebay.

With the new forum software you don't need anything in the body of the message. (NT) will be automatic.

Collapse -
upgrade edition may be hard to find
by reefurbb / August 7, 2004 12:34 AM PDT

why not clean install with regular W98SE CD?
Don't want to lose installed software?
I have an upgrade...reefurbb@yahoo.com

Collapse -
Re: need a windows 98 second edition updates cd
by essess / August 13, 2004 12:34 PM PDT

Dear Floyd, I need one also, if you were successful in obtaining one, please let me know where you got it.
Seymour.

Collapse -
I'll make you the same offer
by Ray Harinec / August 15, 2004 1:46 AM PDT

assuming that I can burn copies.

Except for ICS every other update is simply part of the available updates. MS simply doesn't differentiate SE items from the Win 98 items.

Most people have found far better ways to acconplish Internet Connection Sharing.

Collapse -
I was wrong. Many availible
by reefurbb / August 13, 2004 11:21 PM PDT

I just saw 50+ on Ebay.
Computers and networking>software>operating systems>windows>98.
Caution. There are so many versions: some used,some new
3.1 and 95 to 98
3.1 and 95 to 98se
98 to 98se
98se full...not upgrade.
$20 to $60 incl shipping.You have to have at least a debit card to signup/bid. Some allow money order, most want PayPal. It all takes time, especially to transfer funds to/from PayPal and your bank.
Friend has one. ladywolf@greenapple.com

Collapse -
Are you aware that allupdates 98 to SE
by Ray Harinec / August 15, 2004 1:39 AM PDT

can be downloaded EXCEPT ICS.

I have the CD. It says "do not make illegal copies of this CD", but since MS gave it out free I assume that I could burn you a copy and send it to you. {no charge]

To protect your identity and adress you could contact Toni Hackler the moderator and I could send it to her to mail to you. Toni and me are email friends for years.

Collapse -
Also it installs IE 5. Possibly if it sees
by Ray Harinec / August 15, 2004 1:41 AM PDT

a later verion it will let you skip it.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.