To my knowledge, there is no point-and-shoot camera with a wide angle lens.
For digital cameras, a wide angle lens is one that has a focal length of about 28mm (35mm equivalent) at no zoom.
However these are two inexpensive cameras with a 28mm focal length lens. They do have manual controls available, but if you leave the camera set on "Auto" it will function as a point-and-shoot.
Take a look at the Fujifilm E500 and E510.
Here is a review of the E510:
The E510 can be found for about $220.
Well....I've tried doing the research myself and I'm toasted, so I'm going to let you guys just pick my camera for me OK?
Here's my needs....
1. smallest possible size. really portable and easy to handle.
2. need to have the ability to take wide angle shots. I'm a Realtor and need to take lots of interior photos.
3.Does NOT need to have gobs of megapixels. In fact, I need to be able to set it as a default parameter to shoot in small size 640x480. I can't use 1Mb images for uploading to the real estate databases. Most of these images will be used online.
4. It also needs to have the ability to take larger image sizes for my personal use, ie: vacation photos, where PRINT quality is important.
5. The less adjustments/controls the better. Want point and click.
6. Needs USB plug that I can tie into my Macintosh. Oh yeah..it all needs to be apple compatable.
Not conerned with cost at this time. Just tell me what to do.