Question

need a laptop plz help

Mar 15, 2012 8:33PM PDT

want to buy a compact laptop
i have next to NO knowlege of computers so plz help

1. has to be compact light weight
2 . must have all basic functions
3 must be very fast
4 . i have alot of videos and photos (large files ) im a freelance photographer ....
so there is alot of transfering copying , burning etc .
the computer must be FAST . i cannot spend hours getting an events pics ready to present to the client .
also multitasking on the net ,simultanesly
5.some major storage. i do have the EHDD
6 a webcam wud be good
7. USB ports a few

i guess thats about it .... i think

plz help ... else pls tell em what i shud be luking for ... as of now .. all i know is i shud be luking at a notebook .

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: need a laptop plz help
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: need a laptop plz help
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Let's start with what you use now that meets all this.
Mar 18, 2012 3:16AM PDT

Let's hear about your current machine that does all this and then we can see if we can find a laptop with the same or better performance.
Bob

- Collapse -
About the Dell Inspiron 15R
Mar 19, 2012 2:30AM PDT

I have that one and for photo work I would remove this one from the list. Mine is plenty fast enough but the just barely good enough LCD has me thinking Photographers may be upset.

- Collapse -
Answer
Laptops suiting your requirements
Mar 18, 2012 6:48PM PDT

According to your requirements i suggest you following options to choose from:
1. Dell Inspiron 15R
2. Acer Timeline X
3. Toshiba R835
4. Apple MacBook Pro 2011

- Collapse -
thanks
Mar 19, 2012 4:02PM PDT