Phones forum

General discussion

Need A Do it All cell phone

by mmkay / August 19, 2006 4:52 PM PDT

Hello there,
I am looking for a cell phone that can / or has the capability that can do the follwing things :
take good pics so it should atleast have a 2.0 MP camera with flash
be able to give directions, act as a navigation system (have gps in it)
be able to act as a universal remote (either with or without additional software)
have a mp3 player in it
have good memory somewhate about 256 mb
expandable by memory cards
be able to play java games, the best ones in the market
be able to browse the web fast ..can run opera
t9 for speed typing text messages
alotta phone enteries
calander, stop watch, alarms, birthday reminder, to do list, notes etc.
fast access to camera web volume buttons
give good talk time , preferably run atleast 3-4 days standby and atleast 6-8 hours talk time on one charge.
have protected screen, can be a flip phone but that isent a very rigid requirement.
Maybe a compass would be good too but thats just streching it.
World time !
voice calling
IR Bluetooth WIfi, GPRS, UTP, LAN connect and all other goodies
Video recording Voice Recording , In-Line Recording

So basically, a do it all phone that will handle all these.

I currently have Sony ericsson T610 and have had that for more than two years now and it still works like a charm. But i just need somthign much more better and compact and Do -it-all kind !

Please do let me know what phone comes the closest, i really am looking forward to your replies.
my price range is below 500 bucks !

Thanks,
Ginger
Edit/Delete Message

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Need A Do it All cell phone
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Need A Do it All cell phone
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.