Phones forum

General discussion

Need a Bluetooth Phone with NO CAMERA

Does it exist? It seems so simple yet I can not find one anywhere. If you hear about anything coming out or know of one, let me know.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Need a Bluetooth Phone with NO CAMERA
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Need a Bluetooth Phone with NO CAMERA
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Haven't seen one

In reply to: Need a Bluetooth Phone with NO CAMERA

I don't know of any bluetooth phones without a camera, regardless of wireless service. Like someone posted in an earlier thread, I wish most of the flip phones didn't have cameras. That's just another feature to breakdown on the phone. My brother has a camera phone and hates it, both for reception and for picture taking. He has the Motorola V265. I went with the Samsung a650 because I need tri-mode, but didn't want a camera. I have Verizon Wireless in case you want to know which service I have.

Collapse -
What do you need the Bluetooth for?

if just a head set you can get a Bluetooth transmitter adapter that plugs into the earphone jack

Collapse -
Mobile Internet

In reply to: What do you need the Bluetooth for?

I want to use it for mobile internet and work with my PDA

Collapse -
Bluetooth phones with no camear limited availability

I was looking into the same type phone - a bluetooth phone with no camera. I found one, the Nokia 6021 which can be purchased in the US (as an unlocked phone). I am considering buying the Nokia 6021 and using with my T-mobile account. There are many choices of such phones in Europe, but sadly none direct from the phone supplier in the US.

Collapse -
RE: Need a Bluetooth Phone with NO CAMERA

Get a motorola V540 from Cingular. It is the same as the V551 but without the camera.

Collapse -
Motorola

There is one that I know of and it's a Cingular Motorola v540, it's the spinoff of the v551

Collapse -
Bluetooth Phone with NO Camera

Motorola now has a phone out available to Cingular customers. It looks almost like the V551 but without a camera. It is the Motorola V540.

Collapse -
Yes - Treo 650

There's a non-camera version available thru Cingular's business sales group. Typically non-camera phones are required for government and certain large companies so they're not generally available thru stores but you can call them and should be able to buy one via phone.

Collapse -
Bluetooth phone No camera

The original post was many years ago - but the need still exists for us "fringe" users. Yes, there are some of us who still need a decent, basic, bluetooth enabled, phone with NO CAMERA.

Does such a phone exists?

P.S. It should be compatable with AT&T...

Collapse -
phone

In reply to: Bluetooth phone No camera

Collapse -
does it matter?

In reply to: phone

Does it really matter if the phone has a camera or not? If you don't want to use it, don't use it. If it breaks, you weren't using it anyway so what's the big deal?

Collapse -
Does it matter? Yes, it does.

In reply to: does it matter?

Government employees, some contractors to government entities, and a few private companies still do not allow cameras in sensitive, controlled areas. Simply disabling the camera function is not acceptable. In short, - Yes, it does matter

I've found the Nokia has one candybar still, the 1661. Any others out there?

Collapse -
Verizon has a few

In reply to: Does it matter? Yes, it does.

I'm in the same situation, and I've had some luck with Verizon.

Right now I use an old Nokia 2128i candybar (no bluetooth). I had a Nokia 2366i flip that I used before that, it had bluetooth and no camera. Before that I had an LG flip and a samsung a650, both without cameras.

Verizonwireless.com shows
- a new Motorola "Barrage" flip with BT and no camera, although a bit pricey for a non-smartphone
- the 8830, 8703, and 9630 blackberries without cameras
- and the samsung "knack" flip with no cam, but no BT either.

hope that helps.

Collapse -
BB 8800 is for you

mail me on blackberryz@in.com to get a brand new bb8800 only for 12.5k.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.