General discussion

NEC DVD Burner ND 2100AD

I am having a problem with this burner. I'm using DVDFab 6 to burn movies, the drive reads the movie just fine but when it gets to the stage of burning the temp file the drive won't recognize the blank media. It's a Dual Layer and I've tried Ridata and Maxell discs but still no recognition. Can anyone shed some light on this. I'm using AMD Athlon 3000, 2.1 GHz, Windows XP.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: NEC DVD Burner ND 2100AD
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: NEC DVD Burner ND 2100AD
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
So

You tried other new drives?

- Collapse -
Hmm, interesting.
- Collapse -
This is just my guess.

I think it's the dvdfab6 problem. Go download IMGBURN here on cnet and give it a try.

- Collapse -
DVDFab6 is fine

It's not the DVDFab software. I have a laptop with an external drive that does just great with DVDFab. There's some other reason the NEC Drive isn't reading the discs. I went to the NEC website to check for compatibility and they gave two other brands, Fuji and Phillips. I guess I'll try those and if they don't work either I'll need more feedback on this issue.

- Collapse -
I suggest "imgburn" because ...

it a one way of trouble shooting the problem. If you don't think it's the software then it must be the hardware (and burner are not that expensive). Good luck.

CNET Forums

Forum Info