Spyware, Viruses, & Security forum

General discussion

Nav 2003 Question..

by SumerBrez / January 5, 2005 2:39 AM PST

Using XP/SP2 NAV2003
Just wondering,has there been any Updates(virus def./etc)lately.. My Nav "scan for updates" keeps saying all mine are up to date..Seems strange though..Been doing mine for over a week now and still showing "no updates"? Usually there are at least one or 2 per week.. Thought should check in here and "confirm" if my scan results are correct or not..

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Nav 2003 Question..
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Nav 2003 Question..
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Hi SumerBrez...
by Larry38 / January 5, 2005 3:16 AM PST
In reply to: Nav 2003 Question..

I have WXP/SP2 NAV. 2003 I don't use it because I have AVG 7.0.300 Free. I do however keep it updated at least till next month, when it expires. Just checked it and had a 289.0KB update.
Have a Good Day.
Larry

Collapse -
Hi Larry38
by SumerBrez / January 5, 2005 4:24 AM PST
In reply to: Hi SumerBrez...

Thanks..Mine doesnt expire til Aug.I will continue with NAV though,,Used it for 12 years now come Aug..Does a good job for me..Never the first problem with it..I know some have had problems and some dont like Nav but til i have major troubles,i will keep using it..Over the years i have tried MANY and found overall NAV to be the Best One.. (IMO)

Collapse -
The latest updates I can find.......
by Marianna Schmudlach / January 5, 2005 3:17 AM PST

LiveUpdate:
Virus Definitions created December 30
Virus Definitions released December 30
Norton AntiVirus Corp. Edition:
Defs Version: 61230h
Sequence Number: 39846
Extended Version: 12/30/2004 rev. 8
Total Viruses Detected: 68607

http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/download.html

Collapse -
Mariana...
by Larry38 / January 5, 2005 3:29 AM PST

My Total Viruses Detected shows 68615 after just updateing
Larry

Collapse -
Larry, today's updates have
by roddy32 / January 5, 2005 3:40 AM PST
In reply to: Mariana...

yet to be posted on the website, when they are which should be in the next few minutes, the totals will be the same as yours and mine are. What Marianna posted is what is still posted at Symantec.

Collapse -
latest updates.
by SumerBrez / January 5, 2005 3:58 AM PST

Thanks Marianna..Thats how many i have also..(68607)
Guess it was up to date..Just seemed like a long time without any lol.

Collapse -
New ones a few minutes ago, the ones that
by roddy32 / January 5, 2005 3:24 AM PST

Larry just mentioned but they aren't posted on the website yet. Before that, the last ones were the ones that Marianna just posted from the 30th.

Collapse -
I have a NAV question?
by Larry38 / January 5, 2005 3:51 AM PST

While we are on the subject. When I run a NAV scan, it takes about 2 hrs 15 min. (don't do a scan very often)
I can do an AVG scan in less than 45 min. does NAV always take that long? They never find anything.
Larry

Collapse -
It would depend on
by roddy32 / January 5, 2005 4:02 AM PST
In reply to: I have a NAV question?

How you have the scan set up. I have NAV scan everything. This is the results of my last one and it takes about 45 minutes. My old computer took a lot longer for half the amount of files but that computer only had a 233MHZ processor, this one is over 2GHZ so it's considerably faster. 255097 files. I have no idea how many it would be with AVG.
Scan results:MBRs scannned : 2
Master boot records infected : 0
Master boot records repaired : 0
Boot Records scanned : 3
Boot records infected : 0
Boot records repaired : 0
Files scanned : 255097
Threats detected : 0
Files repaired : 0
Files quarantined : 0
Files deleted : 0
Files excluded : 0

Collapse -
norton scan
by shylaugh / January 5, 2005 7:06 AM PST
In reply to: I have a NAV question?

I have Norton AntiVirus 2005 and it scans in about 20 minutes. Norton AntiVirus 2004 took forever about 50 minutes. I have a 80 Hard Drive.
Sandra

Collapse -
Yes, I have heard that 2005
by roddy32 / January 5, 2005 7:13 AM PST
In reply to: norton scan

is faster. Mine is 2004 and takes somewhere around 45 minutes with 120GB hardrive but I have it scheduled while I'm sleeping so it doesn't bother me. As far as I am concerned the time that it takes ANY other these scanners to work, no matter whether it is virus/spyware/etc. is well worth the time. IMO.

Collapse -
New ones..
by SumerBrez / January 5, 2005 4:07 AM PST

I only update with NavProgram (live updates).
I have same as Marianna(68607).Sure others will be there soon..Thanks roddy. I just like to keep a check on things you know,dont want nothing sneaking in pc.. lol

Collapse -
That's a good plan Sumer and
by roddy32 / January 5, 2005 4:15 AM PST
In reply to: New ones..

I don't know if they have been actually released via the automatic with Live Update but I got them because I clicked on it. They STILL have not posted the new ones on the website yet. This is the regular Wednesday afternoon update.

Collapse -
NAV2003.Question...UPDATE!
by SumerBrez / January 5, 2005 4:33 AM PST

Just Installed the new "Live Updates"..Have a total of 68615.
Thanks all.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

We are giving away 'Black Panther' swag!

Four lucky readers will be taking home *Marvel*ous "Black Panther" prizes, including magazines autographed by the King of Wakanda himself! Giveaway ends Feb. 25, 2018.