Question

NAS connection problem

I have a 60" LCD TV ("630" type) that I have connected to a NAS storage device (Ready NAS NV+) via ethernet. The latest firmware is installed.

When trying to select video folders from the NAS, I find that many of the folders do not appear on the TV screen. I see some of them, but not all.

How can I fix this?

Thanks
Eric

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: NAS connection problem
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: NAS connection problem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
NAS connection problem

Please forgive the "bump", but I'm still hoping for an answer. To add some detail, the partition size on the NAS is 100 GB. When I try to select video files from the Samsung, some show up, some don't, even though they are all on the NAS in the same folder(s) and in the same video format. Copy protection is not an issue.

Suggestions?

Thanks
Eric

- Collapse -
Remember it is unsupported.

So I'll share what I know so far. If the file names are more than 8.3 and contain other than a-z, 0-9 then it may not show up. I am not going to detail what the file name limits are here but share that often I find an odd file name and renaming it to 8.3 simple names to help.

Also, you claim it's encoded the same but did you use a tool like MEDIA INFO to verify that? Why I ask is that some folk blurt out "It's a MKV, MP4!" It's much deeper than that.

In short, if the TV can't play it, it usually doesn't show it.
Bob

CNET Forums