HolidayBuyer's Guide

TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

Narrowest 37" LCD available?

by eliann01 / October 8, 2009 7:00 AM PDT

I have a TV cabinet that measures 35" and a hair. Is there any 37" that will fit this space, or do I have to get a 32"?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Narrowest 37" LCD available?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Narrowest 37" LCD available?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
If it's 35" diag.? then no;
by ahtoi / October 8, 2009 4:51 PM PDT

if it's 35" in width, then yes..37" should fit ok.

Collapse -
It is 35" width, not diag.
by eliann01 / October 9, 2009 9:56 AM PDT

Every spec I have seen only for a 37" diagonal has a width of > 35.8", usually at least 36". I've looked at WM, Target, Best Buy, Sears, Conn's, and many places online. Is there anyone you guys know about?

Collapse -
Did you find one that fits?
by hani.abughazaleh / November 18, 2009 12:47 PM PST

I'm in the same situation as you - looking high and low for a 37" LCD that will fit in a 35" space in our entertainment center. Did you ever find one that would fit?

Collapse -
Panasonic Viera G1 Series
by eliann01 / November 19, 2009 5:13 AM PST

This one was 35.2" but was also close to $900. I just couldn't justify it.

Panasonic 37" VIERA G1 Series Black LCD Flat Panel HDTV, Model TCL37G1

Collapse -
Thanks...
by hani.abughazaleh / November 19, 2009 5:22 AM PST

Thanks for the info! Yeah, it's hard to justify $900 for a 37" LCD when there are so many other less expensive sets out there that do the job really well. We absolutely love our entertainment center, so we may have to just accept a 32".

Thanks again for responding! Happy

Collapse -
Take a tape measure with you to a big box store
by minimalist / October 8, 2009 11:31 PM PDT

and measure. That's the easiest way to narrow down your choices. Look for models with thin bezels and the speakers underneath (not on the sides).

Collapse -
Narrowest 37" LCD available
by Slotkar / August 10, 2010 2:53 AM PDT

Like you, I also have been looking for a 37" flat screen TV that will fit into a 36" armoire that typically has a 34.5" inside dimension width. The only 37" TV's available which have the narrowest width are:

LG 37LE5400 - 35.6" wide
Samsung LN37C530 - 35.5" wide
Panasonic TCL37G1 - 35.2" wide

Close but no cigar!

It doesn't look promising that the TV manufacturers are ever going meet the challenge.

Collapse -
Narrowest 37" LCD available
by da59a / May 12, 2011 12:17 AM PDT

Finally there is one available, but pricey...
Panasonic Viera 37" 3-D Ready 1080p 240Hz LED-LCD HDTV TC-L37DT30
Width spec'ed at 34.4", but at over $1100 still over budget...
Hopefully they will follow with lower budget lines.
Samsung went up in size to 40" when they came out with their slim lines, so no help there.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.