Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Name That Car???

What do you call your car? Betsy? Baby? Bucket of bolts?

Almost four out of 10 people surveyed for an Associated Press-AOL Autos poll said their car has a personality all its own. And two in 10 have a nickname for their vehicle.

Women are more likely than men to name their car. So it's probably not surprising that they usually give them girls' names.

Betsy, Baby and Nelly are especially popular.

Nearly a third of drivers give their car a gender, and female beats out male three-to-one.

The survey on Americans' love affair with their cars also found that lower-income wage earners are more likely to dig driving than those who make more. (End of Story)

Link

Some days I call my car a "Hunk a Junk" and some days "Good Ole Boy"

My wife does not get attached to a car. Just calls it "MINE" period.

George

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Name That Car???
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Name That Car???
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
never named a vehicle

In reply to: Name That Car???

there have been many named 'mine' for similar reasons that you mentioned.

I refer to my current 97 chev pickup as the "millenium falcon" because it looks like it flew through a meteor storm but is still fast and it is like the"african queen" because I am the only one who knows what 'warning lights' to ignore and what you have to bang on sometimes to keep it going.

betsy and bluebird were the family fords growing up; they were NOT named by dad

Collapse -
(NT) That pick-up sounds more like a Ford than a Chevy.

In reply to: never named a vehicle

Collapse -
F O R D =

In reply to: That pick-up sounds more like a Ford than a Chevy.

'F'ix 'O'r 'R'epair 'D'aily

before text messaging

Collapse -
Also F O R D =

In reply to: F O R D =

"Found On Road Dead".......

And my hat says..."I would rather push a Ford than drive a Chevy"..;)

Collapse -
FORD also stood for

In reply to: Also F O R D =

First On Race Day at one time.

Collapse -
ford vs chevy- always friendly rivalry

In reply to: Also F O R D =

I learned on a '51 and licensed on a '59, 3 on the tree, fords. the first domestic car I owned '65 again 3speed manual galaxie500, stick was getting rare in family cars by then.

I went GM in '67 gto, then '70 350 chevelle, 4-speeds.

one of the main reasons I switched to GM was the handling of my '70. the intro of variable speed power steering I thought was one the best innovations. they started having brakes that could stop these street rigs also, but that was more industry wide.

the 'goat' was quick but you felt it just might not stop on time. but they were selling 'go not slow' and we were young and immortal.

and to be fair, anytime you want to push my chevy, give a shout, with gas prices as they are, anything to increase my mileage is appreciated

Collapse -
I have a number of names for my car,...

...but the TOS prohibits my sharing them with you. Devil

Collapse -
Same name

In reply to: I have a number of names for my car,...

for all of my vehicles Devil POS!

Collapse -
That depends.

When it starts up fine on a cold day, it draws terms of endearment.

When it doesn't, <expletives deleted>.

Most of the time I call it "my old car".

Angeline
Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email
semods4@yahoo.com

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.